Walther Forums banner

241 - 260 of 296 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Just got my PPS today, so haven't taken this one to the range yet. I bought it because I tried one side by side with a S&W Shield at a local range and really liked it. Bought the Shield last month because they had the rebate running and the price differential was substantial - I liked the PPS better, but not enough better to pay the difference. Then Walther comes along with a better rebate, I find a PPS at an incredible price, and here we are.

I already bought a holster for the Shield - a Don Hume H721-OT. It's a belt holster with forward cant and a body shield to keep the slide off the skin/shirt, but no thumb strap. (They make a thumb strap version for those who want it.) It rides close to the body and is a perfect fit for the Shield, and is also a near-perfect fit for the PPS. The only difference is that the body shield leaves about 1/4" of the end of the PPS slide uncovered, while it fully covers a Shield slide. I found mine on ebay at a good price, but if I hadn't I'd have gone to Gunner's Alley to get one - they're a big Hume dealer and have given me good service in the past.

Shield magazines are considerably fatter than those for the PPS (they say 1911 mag holders work well for the Shield mags) so I'll have to decide which gun I'm actually going to carry before ordering a mag pouch. But I'm still in break-in mode for the Shield and will be for the PPS, too, so have some time.

Just wanted to let people know that, at least in these leather holsters, you can use one designed for a Shield, too. That may not be true for kydex holsters, and may not be true for leather if you have a laser on your Shield or PPS - neither of mine do.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I just got a new IWB kydex holster from Concealment Express. It's made for the classic PPS but it fits the M2 remarkably well. It's amazingly comfortable to wear. It sort of presses the gun tightly into my body, but it's very comfortable. Not bothersome at all. The gun sits quite low on the belt for maximum concealment. I'm wearing a thin shirt and you can't tell I'm carrying at all. I'm loving it already.

http://www.waltherforums.com/forum/members/40168-albums497-picture3410.jpg

·
Registered
9 Posts
Newbie here, joined a few days ago. Just sprang for a PPS M2. Has anyone here ever heard of Tactical Measure holsters? They show a contoured double clip holster for a PPS that looks pretty good. However they say the kydex is .06 instead of the usual .08. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just got a new IWB kydex holster from Concealment Express. It's made for the classic PPS but it fits the M2 remarkably well. It's amazingly comfortable to wear. It sort of presses the gun tightly into my body, but it's very comfortable. Not bothersome at all. The gun sits quite low on the belt for maximum concealment. I'm wearing a thin shirt and you can't tell I'm carrying at all. I'm loving it already.

At what position are you carrying that rig?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Vedder holsters sent me a new holster to replace the one that had no retention. Very nice of them to honor their warranty.
The problem with IWB is that I have a spare tire around my middle and I am having trouble grasping the pistol because of it.
I've read all 24 pages of this post, and am starting to think that maybe an OWB would be better for me.
I'm asking those of you that carry in an OWB of what your choices are/were, and why you settled of what you have.
I can't afford to try 6-8 holsters, so you input will be invaluable. Please be as detailed as you want to be!

THANKS!
I went with a vedder quick draw OWB...I then moved to a blackpoint kydex holster with leather wings. I also had Tucker make me a pancake holster for the PPS. I prefer the later 2 once I cut the sweat shield from the blackpoint. It kept sticking into my side. Now it rides perfect!!...The Tucker is a Tucker...holster perfection!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Received my IWB holster from Tactical Measure. Fit and finish is excellent, all edges rounded off, no sharp corners, very good clips. Retention very good. The photo on their website shows the clips on either side of the pistol, mine can with one clip on the top side of the slide and the other right on the slide on the holster. This actually worked well when considering most of the weight of the PPS is along the slide. How do I post a photo?

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'm sold on the Clinger Stingray kydex holsters, with no cant, I wear it appendix style, and the fit ,finish and over all quality is the finest, having my holster at a no cant, allows me to wear this holster in three different ways, strong side , cross draw and appendix...just my two cents worth...

·
Registered
56 Posts

Do you happen to have one of the hybrid IWB holsters, with two clips spread apart, like Crossbreed or King Tuk to comment on the difference in carry experience?
I've only had a Crossbreed Supertuck, but many folks rave about these single clip IWB holsters.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
126 Posts
Do you happen to have one of the hybrid IWB holsters, with two clips spread apart, like Crossbreed or King Tuk to comment on the difference in carry experience?
I've only had a Crossbreed Supertuck, but many folks rave about these single clip IWB holsters.

Yeah the Vedder Light Tuck, 1.5" clip, is the best IWB holster.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yeah the Vedder Light Tuck, 1.5" clip, is the best IWB holster.
Are you saying that a single clip, kydex IWB holster provides superior comfort and support, than a two clip hybrid IWB holster?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Are you saying that a single clip, kydex IWB holster provides superior comfort and support, than a two clip hybrid IWB holster?

Yes. Easier on and off, 100% less moisture transferred from the body through the backing onto the gun. No unnecessary material to get in the way, hang up a garment etc etc

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yes. Easier on and off, 100% less moisture transferred from the body through the backing onto the gun. No unnecessary material to get in the way, hang up a garment etc etc
Cool.
How about the support difference?

·
Registered
257 Posts
I found a holster that looks like a geat value at Old Trail Leather (Leather Holster, Susquehanna High Ride). I noticed they didn't have anything for the PPS M2, so I inquired about it and received the following message...

"Brian, thank you for your interest in one of my holsters. I can obtain a mold for the PPS M2 in about a week and have the holster to you in about 3 weeks from your order date. For convenience, I added the PPS M2 to the options on the website.

Also, I am currently running a promotion supporting a local scholarship fund. If you use coupon code: $4SCHOLARS between now and November 1st you will get 5% off your order and 10% goes to the Greater Dover Area Dollars for Scholars.

Thank you,

Dave Firlik
Owner/Maker
Old Trail Leather"

I use a Mitch Rosen high ride pancake style leather OWB holster (UPL-EXP) for my Glock 33 and it is amazing. This looks like an even better value.

·
Registered
56 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
I couldn't resist the $39.99 price for the Raw Dog Tactical hybrid Defender Pro and, so far, couldn't be more pleased. It's about as slim as it can be, fits nicely, comfortable, retention and cant are adjustable, comes with extra hardware, and has a lifetime warranty.

Hybrid Holster - The Defender Pro Series by Raw Dog Tactical

·
Registered
56 Posts
I couldn't resist the $39.99 price for the Raw Dog Tactical hybrid Defender Pro and, so far, couldn't be more pleased. It's about as slim as it can be, fits nicely, comfortable, retention and cant are adjustable, comes with extra hardware, and has a lifetime warranty.

Hybrid Holster - The Defender Pro Series by Raw Dog Tactical
What is on the back side / inside of the fasteners for the belt clip?
What keeps them from contacting the pistol?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

241 - 260 of 296 Posts