Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 296 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So far I've seen the following with PPS M2 option:

Own a shtf for a G43 but wanted something smaller/minimal. I was about to go with a crossbreed minituck but dara has a better veteran discount (10% vs 15% crossbreed's also "active/retired/reserve").

What are you going to carry with? why?

·
Registered
289 Posts
I went with the Dara holster since I appendix carry, and this kydex design (and those mfg'd like it) are perfect for that. Clinger wasn't available when I ordered, but they are nice, have one for another gun.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
The PPS M2 is exactly the same gross dimensions as the PPS Classic. The difference is in the forward end of the slide. The M2 has serrations and a square end whereas the PPS Classic has an inward/upward taper to it. Additionally, the PPS M2 tapers inward at the dust cover whereas the PPS Classic is square in order to accommodate the light rail. The net result is that the little bit of give that a leather holster impart means that a PPS M2 will fit just fine in a PPS Classic leather holster. However, a kydex holster has no give and a kydex holster molded for a PPS Classic won't fit a PPS M2.

I was able to easily modify my RCS PPS Classic holster in about 5 minutes with a little heat gun application and then putting it in my kydex press to cool.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I am waiting on a Clinger holster - an "Atom" for my PPX EDC...has anyone had issues with Clinger - you read their ebay site for reviews and there are few negative ones which is good.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've been carrying mine in a Sticky holster. Model MD-4. I bought it at my LGS when I picked up my gun. I just bought it to wear until more options were available, but I'm starting to really like it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just ordered an "Atom" series holster from Clinger for my PPX - still waiting on delvery, but glad to see others have used the company and are happy with the results!

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Stealthgear has one now.. It is a little pricey and takes about 6 weeks, but they are great holsters.
SGUSA holsters for the Walther PPS M2 ? StealthGearUSA
They make a great product (I have three onyx holsters) and my last purchase only took about three weeks. They are worth the money but did I catch them around a holiday last time when they were giving 15-20% discounts. I will probably go with the AIWB next time and it may be for the PPS M2 which is now on my want list.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Just ordered a JM Custom Kydex IWB Version 3 from Tony at JMCK yesterday.

JM Custom Kydex IWB Holster - Version Three

I contacted him directly to confirm he could make one for the PPS M2. I'll post back when it arrives in 8-9 weeks.

·
Registered
354 Posts
IMO, and i have tried quite a few, for the money, comfort, & quality, nothing beats a Clinger Stingray. At least worth looking at. Have the PPS M2 and PPQ .45

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'll second what bakerjw says. I just talked with Paul, the owner of PJ Holsters yesterday. He just ordered himself a PPS M2 to make the holsters from, instead of a mold. You'll get an even better fit when the holster is made from the actual firearm as opposed to a mold. He makes the best IWB holsters out there, hands down. I literally have dozens of them. They are incredibly thin, because the clip is made from the same piece of kydex, folded right over and integrated in to the holster. So much better than the other brands that have a cheap, bulky clip that is screwed on to a thin holster. I can easily conceal under a very snug t-shirt because the clip is so low profile. I've tried other brands, and the bulky clip pokes through a snug shirt. His clips are also very snug, and do not allow the firearm to move around and rotate on the belt, which changes the cant angle and defeats some of the concealability.

On top of it all, Paul is super friendly, and will customize your holster pretty much any way you want it. I've ordered from him for years and he's never let me down!

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have a Dara and absolutely love it! I have also ordered a Theis holster, but it has not made it to me yet. I am not sure I will need it though as I really love the Dara.

Pete

1 - 20 of 296 Posts