Walther Forums banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
See my thread here I now have and own, a Viridian Green Laser Sight Holster, Model #KH-GS4 and it will fit the P22 with the stock laser. And I have the gun and laser and holster and photos to proove it. It is not a totally smooth entry of pistol into the holster, drawing is fine, but entry can get a little hung up on the retaining mechanism. I think it will just take time to get use to what angle to slightly tilt the pistol to fit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I know this may be thread necromancy, but I got the tagua own holster from amazon for fathers day, and wasn't amazed by it. For a 25.00 holster, it was fantastic, just too loose for my taste, as well as the extended leather meant to keep the slide from sitting on akin was off cant. Nothing a little thread, a stiff needle, and a spray or 2 of water won't fix.

I marked out where my pistol actually sits when its canted correctly in the holster, sewed close to that line, and sprayed with water. Into a ziploc the gun went, and under the bed like an old ball glove. Fits fantastic now, and much smaller profile.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
2 Posts
I prefer a paddle holster based on previous experience as a cop. If you are used to carrying a weapon for years in one type of holster, it makes little sense to transition from one type of a holster to another. As such I found quality paddle holsters scarce.
I came across an outfit called Comp-Tac. Comp-Tac makes an awesome paddle holster for the P22. The holster costs $65.00 and well worth the price given the design and quality of this holster. You can order this holster in a straight drop position or forward cant. I ordered the forward cant. The holster has tension screws to adjust the retention of the P22 . I would never purchase a Fobus product, they are cheap junk! Spend the extra money get a really good holster. Check out the Comp-Tac's website. Comp-Tac : Top-Quality Firearm Accessories

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sampug, The laser bearing holster is $100.00. It would appear Com-Tac will custom make one . I think the final cost wouldn't be worth it. I did some looking and Viridian Green offers a holster designed for the P22 and The VG laser sight. Amazon sells them (The Holster) for $41.00. I don't see any reason why you couldn't go with this if you are using a Walther factory laser sight or one of the airsoft Walther P22 knockoffs.Some people have discovered that the P22 will work in a holster designed for a Glock Model 19/23. This would certainly open up alternative possibilities for the P22. The holster manufacturer mentioned most frequently is Blackhawk and the Serpa CCQ Level 2 Holster. But with that said I saw quite a few good recommendations from other members on this topic. So to answer your question, it appears not. But I figured it would be worth digging a bit deeper so that you and others in the same boat would have some options. Hope this might help.

·
Registered
9,346 Posts
Off topic......but I've decided the best solution for carrying my I Phone is...........a holster. It has the sticky protective cover and won't stay clipped in the snap on belt holder. Someone in the holster making business is missing a bet in not making a square holster for these various phones. I want one that hangs on my belt, not a clip on of any kind. To much bending and squatting makes clips come loose when you are out working. I'm thinking quick draw, FBI cant. M1911

·
Registered
3 Posts
I love the Fobus paddle holster but I think it fits the P22Q tighter than the P22. Some people use a heatgun or blow dryer to heat a little and work it till it is as desired, but on the Q model it needs a little more than that "I think" .

So I drilled out two of the rivets and the one nearest the front sight I put a stainless steel screw/nut painted black in with 2 rubber washers for spacers (from lowes), used locktite on the screws as well. On the rivet I removed near where the trigger gaurd first hits I locktited the screw/nut in but left space in the screw for the holster to be able to open and close some. Works great!

Might be better options not needing tweaked, but unless I am wrong the slide profile on the outside may be different on the Q model so molded holsters may have issues if made for the P22 and not the P22Q?

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have been very impressed and pleased with my SoftArmor HP-series Size #29 Belt Holster, for my P22.

Here are it's finer points:
- Ambidextrious (you can switch the belt loop and plastic tab to either side)
- Adjustable (plastic tab and retention strap can adjust to fit your gun perfectly)
- Nylon Fabric (tough and breathable)
- Excellent stitching
- Softer nylon interior won't wear the gun's finish
- Padded on all sides, grips your gun and wears comfortably, even IWB
- HP series comes with a pouch for 2nd magazine on the front.
- Plastic tab snaps the retention strap in place, thumb-breakaway for quick draw.
- Metal belt clip OR nylon belt loop on either side, carries either way.
- Great price! My LGS carries them for about $16-$30 depending on the model/size
- USA Manufactured, here in Missouri where I live.

I find it works very well, especially for grab-n-go duty here on the farm. I can take the holster off and leave the gun in it, then slip it on my belt for a quick inspection outing, or I can fix it to my belt with the loop for all day carry. Real light and handy, and an excellent value for the money. Cleans really easy, even if you drop it in mud - and it's nylon so it dries out well after cleaning and doesn't retain gunk and smell.

I liked it so much, I got a SoftArmor holster for my new P99C just today.

Anyway, I love them. Check 'em out. They have just about any size/fit you can imagine. Even if your gun is not listed, if you get the right size it's almost guaranteed to fit.

www.soft-armor.com

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just got through reading all the posts. The first holster I purchased for my P22 was a Fobus, and I experienced the same problem as many others. The holster would come off the belt when drawn. My fix was to remove the top rivet, and it has worked well for me since. I had a Kydex holster made locally. I carry openly, crossdraw. I'm actually looking to get into an appendix IWB, which I will also have made locally. I came across another holster maker in the Raleigh, NC area that appears to do good work.
Custom Kydex IWB Holsters

·
Registered
334 Posts
That's very cool!

·
Registered
11 Posts
P22 holster

I recently worked on a fire damage house that friend bought to rehab and flip. The previous owner left a lot of stuff behind, and I found a DeSantis paddle Kydex holster for a Glock, and my P22 fits rather well. I looked at DeSantis's web site, and it seems that they mite not make it any more.(You could Email them to find out.)

41 - 57 of 57 Posts