Walther Forums banner

21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
You learn something new everyday. Yes you can carry with the laser on the gun. I had a guy make it custom. I had him copy a Galco holster put make room for the laser. I think the holster is in the $70 range. It looks great. Jim

·
Registered
14 Posts
Upon pulling it out, it also managed to completely knock off the front sight which I managed to snap back in, but now it is weakened and no longer sits solidly without wiggle. Thus I suspect I will have to purchase new sights soon.
I had the exact same problem, and I did have to purchase a new one. But I do like the holster though.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Is the blue tape needed for holding the gun in place?........jk. Nice creative work.

·
Registered
334 Posts
It keeps the slide from cracking. ;)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Ha! Nah it was to hold a wooden dowel on the top of the slide to help form the channel for the front sight so it doesn't catch while drawing

·
Registered
9,349 Posts
I just stick mine in the same de-santis holster I carry my .45 in. Fits good enough. Doesn't drag my pants off like the .45 does either. Or the front sight. :cool:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Tabs were bad on the front sight. Checked them again after cleaning it last week. One of the ears on the sight was worn off. Dropped the #3 and put in a #2. Sight stays in place.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Tagua PPK holster

I just bought an OWB Tagua PPK holster last week. Fits just fine with my p22. I had to insert and draw three times to exact the fit. Extremely comfortable and only $38.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I bought a Blackhawk! belt holster (size 8) from a gunshow for cheap and it fits really well. I saw it at Walmart for 12 bucks afterwards so I did well ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,
New to this forum. What would be the best holster for P22? (Esp. for hiking/camping in mtns.--if slip or fall/tumble, don't want it easily popping out or damaging weapon.) And don't want to spend a lot--maybe 40 bucks. Thanks, [email protected]

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just bought an OWB Tagua PPK holster last week. Fits just fine with my p22. I had to insert and draw three times to exact the fit. Extremely comfortable and only $38.
Took a while to upload the picture, but this is the holster I use most. Extremely comfortable vs the standard hip holster and holds it up high which simplifies the draw. I've fallen asleep almost every night in my recliner with on. Not that I'm old or anything...
image.jpg

·
Registered
2 Posts
i have the Fobus paddle (polymer) for my Walther p22. Nothing has worked to make this usable. It has knocked off several of the front sights and caused one of the front sights to actually fly off while i was shooting it at the range. I tryed putting oil in it. I tryed putting the socket in the trigger area and heating it with a hair dryer. But it still is too tight and i see the marks it leaves along the front of the slide. I have sent countless hours searching for a holster and still haven't found one. Clearly some people are content with their Fobus and others are not. Sadly i am not.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Fobus

Agreed the Fobus is a waste of money. Had all the same issues particularly with the front sights getting knocked off.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Amazon.com: tagua p22

Inside the waistband holster fits perfectly.

Tough leather, internal ramped area for front sight clearance, barely any need for break in, clip is very stout. I'd definately buy from them again.

Doesn't seem they have any other p22 holsters :/

EDIT: Update- Holster fits perfectly but will easily take the slide out of battery. Seems like it is meant for pulling out once but not for re-inserting.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Can anyone confirm at all if that Kaydex Viridian holster for the Viridian laser will work with the P22 and the P22 stock Walther laser? It seems like that holster would, no?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bought a IWB holster from Swift Draw Holsters about six weeks ago, and I got to say I love the way my P22 fits. Great quality product and comfortable too! I contacted them about their Open Carry and told me they will have them in a couple weeks. Its nice to have a holster that's made for my specific gun. Swift Draw Concealment Holster

21 - 40 of 57 Posts