Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
All,

I purchased a Fobus paddle holster as my first attempt at a holster for my P22. Wanted something to throw on at the outdoor range. After inserting the P22 I could barely extract it. Hoping after putting it in and out a 100 times at the house it will loosen up, but right now it is non functional. Upon pulling it out, it also managed to completely knock off the front sight which I managed to snap back in, but now it is weakened and no longer sits solidly without wiggle. Thus I suspect I will have to purchase new sights soon.

Price not a consideration. I want the best.

Anyone have any favorite owb hosters for the P22 I should look at?

Thanks

Giveortake

·
Registered
13 Posts
Holster

I got one from WalMart and it works but does not stick in the pocket very well. I have a Fobus for my P99 and had the same problem. I think there is a trick to getting it out better. I think you have to give it alittle twist or push to break it free. Check with Fobus.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I know this thread is dated - but, figured I provide my fix for the ole Fobus Holster problem. Based on my InterNet search - I slide a AA Battery (near holster trigger position) overnight. Pulled it out in the morning and then sprayed some teflon silicone inside holster (then wiped it) - bingo! It is snug as a rug (holds it tight) yet easy to pull the P22 out.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I know this thread is dated - but, figured I provide my fix for the ole Fobus Holster problem. Based on my InterNet search - I slide a AA Battery (near holster trigger position) overnight. Pulled it out in the morning and then sprayed some teflon silicone inside holster (then wiped it) - bingo! It is snug as a rug (holds it tight) yet easy to pull the P22 out.
I bought one to try it out. If you read the packaging your not supposed to modify the holster in anyway, the manufacture will replace the holster if it doesn't function properly. I even tried the boiling method and it still have issues with being too tight on the slide. When I try to draw the gun from the holster it pulls the holster and all from my belt. Best bet is to avoid these holsters, also the draw angle is very awkward unless if your used to it.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I bought one to try it out. If you read the packaging your not supposed to modify the holster in anyway, the manufacture will replace the holster if it doesn't function properly...
I am with ya on this but (based on what I've read) - Fobus makes recommendations and they haven't worked. I don't feel like investing in the postage, etc. to send it back. It is a shame that a big manufacture still sells these puppies for the P22 knowing about the problems. At any rate - my holster works just fine now.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My Fobus is awesome, simple trick to break it in lol. They design the holsters tight like that because the plastic/composite will naturally expand through usage, however there is a quick break in I did and it works great.

WRAP THE GUN IN A ZIPLOC BAG AND INSTALL INTO HOLSTER, LET SIT FOR A COUPLE DAYS. worked great for me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So, no on the fobus then?

After reading some of the previous posts, I think I'll stay away from the Fobus. What do you guys recommend. Just got my new p22 and i'm looking for a good holster.

·
Registered
713 Posts
I got an awesome holster that has a flap on it and a spot to hold 1 magazine and a suppressor or 2 magazines. It is expensive but, it's a holster that will last many lifetimes and it's from a mom & pop company made here in the good ole' USA. They were very nice to deal with. autoweapons.com is the co. Here's the page with the holster. The draw is very easy with this holster.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a Galco Stinger holster and love it. I had a custom holster made that will hold my p22 with the fatory laser. I took the galco holster to a local guy that makes custom holsters and told him I wanter one just like the galco but that would accommodate the laser. The custom holster looks great. Here is a link to the stinger holster. http://store.tradingpostsupply.com/galsg482b.html

·
Registered
281 Posts
I can prob whip you up one, PM. me look in the PPQ holster pic thread for some more pics of some I made

·
Registered
32 Posts
Ill be making one, well attempting to make one out of leather using my own personal design sometime this upcoming week. Also making one for my SR40 since it has a light/laser combo on it. Have a THS kydex holster for the sr40 which isn't bad but its really hard to remove the gun even after messing with the set screws and an uncle Mike's for the p22. Both work alright but I like the design I came up with much better for both.

·
Registered
334 Posts
It means mate. M + 8 = mate

·
Registered
713 Posts
1 - 20 of 57 Posts