Walther Forums banner

21 - 40 of 296 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Paul from PJ Holsters has his PPS M2 and is making holsters using the firearms itself for molding. This should provide superior fit and finish. He's posted new pictures on his website. They look great. I've already ordered and looking forward to receiving mine soon.Check it out!

·
Registered
26 Posts
With holsters like PJ's and Dara, are they comfortable on the skin? Live in Florida and don't wear under shirts and have had hybrid holsters with leather on the skin. Just bought a M2 and excited to shoot and wear it!

·
Registered
1 Posts
two clip vs. one?

I'm currently considering a PPS M2. During this time, I've read the posts of all the available holsters and it seems most are the single belt clip type. I've only been carrying for 3 years now, and I still use the two clip style with my current EDC. When I say two clip, I mean something similar to this, which has belt clips on each side of the gun.

MicroTuck IWB Hybrid Holster - Jet Black Cowhide

While I haven't had any issues with this style holster, I am intrigued by a smaller holster with a single clip. My concern is movement because it doesn't seem like it will have the same side support to keep it from leaning forward or backward. While I have a very sturdy gun belt, I often wear a regular dress belt for comfort. This type of belt isn't as sturdy, so I'd imagine there will be some give using a single clip. I could ultimately buy one of the holsters mentioned here for $30 and give it a whirl, but I'd really like to hear what you guys have to say beforehand. Thanks for your assistance.

·
Registered
44 Posts
IMO, and i have tried quite a few, for the money, comfort, & quality, nothing beats a Clinger Stingray. At least worth looking at. Have the PPS M2 and PPQ .45
I had picked up a DeSantis Insider holster (leather) at my LGS the night I got my PPS M2 and have only been using it a couple of days.

I just placed an order for a Clinger Stingray 15deg cant holster. Looking forward to test driving it right away.... It will be the only Stingray I will ever own, lol.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Vaison,

I think you'll like the single clip variety. They go on and off so much easier than the big two clip hybrids that look like a weightlifting belt ( haha). So much more convenient. As far as your belt selection, if you need to wear a dress belt with your holster, look for a sturdy one that is 1.5" thick. I have several, although I still always use my carry belt from The Wilderness. If you order a PJ Holster, his belt clips are extremely snug, and will hang on to a 1.5" belt with little to no play in the rotation. You can order one from him, and return it within 30 days if you don't like it for any reason.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Tucker Gunleather is getting their M2 mold in this week and will be in production soon. Lead time is 6-7 weeks. I have on order and will report in when it arrives.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
From what I've seen, it looks like the Stealthgear AIWB will be what I will run with when I get an M2. I like the vent core material for the heat and humidity down here.

·
Registered
8 Posts
SHTF Gen2 IWB Holster

Modified for AIWB use and comfort. Adjusted to Zero degree cant and cut a portion of the bottom of the holster.
Trimmed top piece for more aggressive combat cut.
Ground out part of the leather that hits the slide lock for thinner carry.

Feels comfortable for all day use! Great product with amazing attention to detail. Highly recommended. Oh and the turnaround time was about a week for me. (Competitors are 3+ weeks). It arrived before my PPS M2!

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
I switched and ordered the new SHTF Protos holster with the suede backing. It looks good. We will find out soon enough how good it really is.

·
Registered
844 Posts
I am waiting on a Clinger holster - an "Atom" for my PPX EDC...has anyone had issues with Clinger - you read their ebay site for reviews and there are few negative ones which is good.
I ordered a clinger atom for my PPK on Jan 21 and it is just now hitting production... good holster for the money, you will just grow old waiting on it...

By the way, not to hijack the thread, but does anyone know when the Comfort Holsters are gonna be back into production. I ask Clinger and all they tell me is later this year.. I missed getting a Bentley Series by 1 week...

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
New SHTF holster

My new SHTF Protos holster arrived today and just three days after I ordered it. Now that's great service! As for the holster, it feels well made and to me it's like a much more refined Theis EZ clip holster. The suede backing feels great. I just need my PPS M2 to arrive so I can try her out.

Here is a pic:

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
That does look really nice! I was torn between the Protos and the original but ended up going with the original due to price. I'm curious how the Protos feels using it AIWB.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
I should have my PPS M2 on Monday and I will see how it feels. I thought about the regular SHTF holster and the StealthGear AIWB holster but this one caught my eye more.

21 - 40 of 296 Posts