Walther Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
For those interested, I came across this company. They do the red dot work on John Correia's (Active Self Protection) HK p30 sk's. He said, while challenging, they could add a red dot to a ppq sc.($395). They also do stippling.
I haven't worked with them at all, but they were prompt, courteous in responses FWTW.

Wright Armory
250 S Mulberry #102
Mesa, AZ 85202
(480) 550-0965
M-F: 10-6 Sat: 11-4
www.wrightarmory.com
Duns: 022281355
Cage: 7GLE6

·
Registered
2 Posts
Any reason why these won’t work or no one’s talking about them? Everyone just want to blow money on custom smithing?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Any reason why these won’t work or no one’s talking about them? Everyone just want to blow money on custom smithing?
The dovetail mounts are the least stable and janky way to attach a red dot to a pistol. They also leave the dot sitting higher on the slide which means adapting to a different natural point of aim compared to a milled slide which can get your point of aim lower down more akin to where it would be with iron sights.
The q4 and q5 mounting system do already sit higher than pretty much all of the other company's options so kinda damned if you do damned if you don't there but just pointing that out. The dovetail mount also isn't nearly as stable as screwing the optic directly to the slide
All the being said if you are just looking to try out a red dot on a handgun and have all handguns that do not have optics capabilities a dovetail mount is a good low cost entry point for you to give it a shot

Sent from my HD1907 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks. I have the PPQ SC LE... and gotta work with whatever is available. Definitely want a Red or Green sight...

·
Registered
260 Posts
Oceania Defense ppq optics plate. (hard to generate a link for some reason)

Also this is a universal dovetail mount that you can use for most optics out there. Disclaimer I have no affiliation with this company and I have also not personally used it, just been eying it for a while cause it looks interesting but all my pistols are optic capable so I have had no need to buy one

Sent from my HD1907 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,415 Posts
Those red dots are great. You can only focus on so many things. Put one on a P22 which has no options for dovetail, screw on mount, etc. Monkey glue and custom alum base. Regarding having to remove the sight to replace the battery...they are supposed to last three years. Longer if you cover the sight to reduce the brightness. No on off switch. I have a .45 Colt with a Crimson Trace laser on it and the battery is thirty years old...still works fine. Need to replace it one day but I no longer carry that pistol. Tubby's hate this new set up. 1917

·
Registered
20 Posts
One word of warning on the Shield sights, the coating that they put on the lenses is not resistant to the common solvent “Varsol”.

for years I’ve used a solvent bin to clean my guns, and I typically use the general purpose solvent called Varsol in it. I’ve never had a problem with my other RDS (Delta Point Pro, Acog, HoloSun) but the first time I cleaned the slide with the Shield installed the glass fogged up and it won’t clean up.

unfortunately no response from Shield when I contacted them about it.

Additionally the hex wrench provided by them sheared off in one of the screws when I installed the mounting plate. Appeared to be a bad heat treating job.

i like the design of the site, but just be aware of the solvent issue and a lack of vendor support.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts