Walther Forums banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,688 Posts
I've been known to pocket carry my PPK in my 511 tac pants side pocket. It fits there perfectly. No one notices.
Although I do like my OWB cross draw Wright Regulator (pictured with one of my PPs)

Reactions: Sterg

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've got a pocket holster that fits my PPK and Sig 365, oddly. A bit loose on the PPK, a bit snug on the 365, but acceptable for both. I always suspected the two were similar in dimensions. The holster is kydex which I prefer over leather as it's lighter and thinner. I found yesterday, after reading this thread and having formerly said that pocket carry was not for me, I tried with a different pair of pants and found I could carry effectively. Good news. Still slower than IWB or OWB, but do-able.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I ordered another Mitch Rosen pocket holster. I have an Uncle Mike’s #3 I use to house my 642 that I tried with the PPK. I’m happy that it doesn’t snag on the draw. Smoother edges it seems over the Sig. The 938 is the Extreme and the grips just grab my pocket material a bit. I’ll save it for IWB.

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
IWB for me. You guys must have bigger pockets than I. I tried carrying small pistols (not PPK, but others) and for me, it's just ahead of an ankle carry for getting to your gun. Slow because for me, the pistol shifts in my pocket and grasping the gun in my fist simply won't work. I tried carrying a Sig 365, which is a about as large as I carry...similar in weight to a PPK. I liked carrying that way no printing, although I think a PPK with its more acute angles would print a bit.

So in all respects, for me, it's IWB. Appendix carry.
I went to 5.11 pants, and you could comfortably hide a PPQ in those pockets.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I’m trying to get a feel for how many people pocket carry the PPK. I carry a Seecamp in my pocket regularly and I’m thinking I can get used to the weight fairly quick. What’s everyone use for a holster for theirs? I’m a big fan of Mitch Rosen and Kusiak holsters.
I make this alternative for pocket carry, when you are concerned about printing. Hunter Holsters also makes one, maybe others too. They have a flat piece that goes to the outside. The holster part itself, is separate from the back, or front piece...So you can put your thumb between the flat piece, and the holster piece, to draw. The Hunter version, is stitched, and both my LCP one loosened over time, and my wife's one did too. Mine has a bit more leather above the back of the slide, so it doesn't show in a jeans back pocket, and the two parts are riveted instead of stitched together. I don't have a mold for the PPK, but maybe a local leatherworker can use yours for a mold.
Everyday carry Strap Gadget Fashion accessory Leather
Luggage and bags Sleeve Bag Shoulder bag Strap

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
I make this alternative for pocket carry, when you are concerned about printing. Hunter Holsters also makes one, maybe others too. They have a flat piece that goes to the outside. The holster part itself, is separate from the back, or front piece...So you can put your thumb between the flat piece, and the holster piece, to draw.
Have two DeSantis Superfly Pocket Holsters that work the same way as what you describe above, with the flap. Have one for my Kel-Tec P32 and one for a Ruger LCR. Recently ordered a Craft OWB Holster for my PP, will pay attention to what others use for IWB.

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
The pictures of pocket holsters shown here made me curious whether something like this is also available for my Walther P5 compact.
Since it's quite difficult for a European to find their way around the large US market for holsters, it would be nice to name a supplier if there is another one for a pocket holster for the P5 compact.
Following the link from @Angry Hippo, I have already noticed that there is nothing with Desantis holsters.
I haven't found anything in Europe.
A pocket holster for the CZ P07 would also be interesting.
these are very nice quality holsters, I have them for my TPH and PPK/s.
they are working now on a P88 compact holster for me, not in their standard offering but they can and are willing to do it.
Perhaps they can do the P5 for you.

·
Registered
413 Posts
these are very nice quality holsters, I have them for my TPH and PPK/s.
they are working now on a P88 compact holster for me, not in their standard offering but they can and are willing to do it.
Perhaps they can do the P5 for you.
Many thanks for your advice.
In the meantime I ordered a pocket holster for my P5 compact from Ronin Leather Holsters LLC.
Since this is an order from outside the USA, I have, to be fair, paid for the holster in advance.
The last message from Dave Galloway, the maker and owner of the company, was that he was waiting for a friend's P5 dummy gun. A pocket holster for the P5 compact would also be possible with this dummy gun.
I will of course show photos here when the holster has arrived in Germany and also report on the functionality.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts