Walther Forums banner

41 - 60 of 399 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
A New Addition

Happily inherited this darling PPK/S from a relative. Interarms PPK/S, .380 ACP, stainless finish. It's only been fired a handful of times, though it's seen a bit of wear due to being broken down for inspection and cleaning once or twice. Hopefully the following info proves useful:

Serial no.: S 141768
Test target: 8.15.1996

·
Registered
9 Posts
Do we know if the majority of the serial numbers from A0____ are sequential? My A040____ would be made prior to the A080____ series, right? I wish I could give you guys a window or date when my A040 was made, but I cant. I know there are possible exceptions due to Interarms sending some frames back to Ranger for re-tooling. (I'm trying to look into that a little, but boy oh boy....its a mystery so far) I'm trying to at least get a date range for my I/A PPK. I appreciate all the work everyone's doing on this thread!!

·
Premium Member
6,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Denmark and GED, thank you for the VERY useful contribution to this ongoing piece of work. Your S/N's and date codes have been added to the database, and with a few more postings from the community I'll update the post with fresh charts. Denmark, I must also say that's a very nice glamor shot of your beautiful PPK/S!

kb2wji, all of the Interarms models were made with sequential serial numbers, in order of the date produced. Although I've come across a few with later test target dates vs. serial numbers, this is attributed to the very strict quality control system of Interarms, who had no qualms about sending their PPK's back to the manufacturer for rework if they detected even the slightest flaw. Too bad S&W doesn't follow this work ethic...

At any rate, I'm not entirely sure of your question but you can get an idea through the charts. Without a test target it's impossible to tell when your PPK was born.

-Pilotsteve

·
Registered
20 Posts
My recently inherited stainless Interarms PPK/S has serial number S091666, and the original box is stamped 4-92 on the inside upper left corner. No test target, but that date should be fairly accurate, since I remember my father-in-law buying the gun somewhere around '93 or early '94 back in Virginia. Nice guns.

·
Registered
96 Posts
jailer..........there is know way i could turn down buying a Walther that's serial # matched my birthday...........now tell us the real reason you bought it..........:cool:

jjt
The real reason is: I wanted a blue ppk and the gun shop only had stainless. I asked the gun shop owner to order a blue one and the warehouse supplier sent this one. I didn't notice the unique serial number until I had put 200 rounds through it. I used it for off duty carry (corrections). DOC doesn't want officers to carry firearms, however, the Justice Dept allows concealed carry with a permit. Many of us fought for Oregon's concealed carry statute to become law.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hi all:

New member here. My PPK/S is serial number 025661. It is an Interarms Va model. There is no date on the test target, owners manual (not even a copyright date) or original box. I remember buying it new in the early 1980s. Exactly when, I do not know as I do not have the receipt. It has always fired flawlessly as it did this afternoon with about 100 rounds. Anyone want to speculate as to the year of manufacture?

·
Registered
2 Posts
New to Walther and confused

I just bought a Walther PPK (actually did some horse trading with a couple long guns). I have wanted a PPK for some time and I found the right deal. It is stamped Made in U.S.A. by Interarms but the serial # seems to be out of sync with other ones I have studied on this helpful sight. This is my serial # which seems low as I can't seem to find others starting with A00 mine is A002749. Any help or direction would be appreciated. The PPK is stainless with the common black plastic like grips if that helps. It came with 4 magazines 3 of which have the extended plastic bottom which helps for grip along with the black plastic box that has the correct serial # on it. Thanks for any help possible.

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
As you've no doubt discovered from this thread, there is no known existing record of Interarms/Ranger-made serial numbers and born-on dates. The best we can do is to note the dates that are sometimes stamped on the test targets of the pistols; while not wholly accurate, it's all we've got at the moment. Sometimes the numbers appear out of whack becasue of quality control efforts at Interarms; as many as 25% of the pistols that were shipped from the Ranger plant in Alabama to Interarms/Virginia were deemed unworthy of distribution and were sent back for a reworking. Sometimes the problems could be corrected swiftly; sometimes they could not be attended to rapidly, or perhaps even at all.

It sounds as though you have a nice pistol; provide us with a range report after you get it out. And ... welcome to the forum. We trust that you'll enjoy your time here.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Spring is coming???

Thanks searcher 451:
I will have to wait until our last round of snow melts here, but will update then. I am going to plink a little till then. Thanks.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I realize that this information will not help much, but my latest addition is an Interarms PPK/s with SN 044493 .

Alas, the target was missing from the otherwise complete package.

Here is a photo.

Vernon

·
Registered
1 Posts
possible addition

Hi, I am new to the forum and I am in the market for what I think is a nice PPK. I found this Interarms blued version in a pawn shop. I was hoping somebody could give me an estimation on its birthday. The serial number is 380705. I have been reading through the posts and to me this number seems a bit different, so any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Another for the list!!!

I have another add to your growing list:
I have a Interarms PPK/S:
Serial Number:S123794
Target Date: 11/18/1994

Maybe someone has some advice...
My wife has drawn the line and said I need to get rid of some of my firearms for reasons strictly wifey!!

I bought this new and it has only had 25 rounds of ammo put through it...I know...not even broken in yet!!

How's the best way to go about finding a place to sell it?...I'm think it ought to be worth maybe $450...but I'm not 100% sure. Oh, yeh...It also has 3 mags with the plastic finger rests...

Any ideas would be helpful:)

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Offer it for sale in the Trading Post on this forum. You should find some folks who would be interested in it at that price.

My advice would be to find something else to sell ... but that's just me.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Two more for the list:

Blued K003279 (No target, but the box is consistent with late 80's models) est. 1987
Stainless A088121 Target date July 1999

·
Premium Member
6,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Thank you for the submissions, CPTSmith and Dochse. Yours will be added to the database. Bcald7, I'd love to add yours to the "Birthday Database" but unfortunately, without a complete serial number the information you've given is incomplete and therefore unusable. Very nice picture, though! Nice glamor shot!

-Pilotsteve

·
Registered
1 Posts
One to add.

254146S is an Interarms import, W. German PPK/S in 7.65 with a barrel date of 1971.

Fortunately, I have a barrel date of 1971 too, so this is a birth year gun.

41 - 60 of 399 Posts