Walther Forums banner

21 - 40 of 399 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
SN#S for your stickey

here ya go steve

Interarms PPK in stainless Test target date 1-16-91 SN#A053598 target includes date and matching SN#

JJT

·
Premium Member
6,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Thank you very much, JJT. Your valuable contribution will be added to the database right away. You have provided an enormous bit of help in solving the Interarms date of birth mystery.

-Pilotsteve

·
Premium Member
6,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
What about the blue PPK/S 9MM Kurz models?
Sorry Ironman. I haven't gotten any data yet from the owners of these pistols so I don't know either. As more come trickling in hopefully I'll be able to update this valuable database and include these models. I'm kind of surprised we haven't seen any of these yet... did they make the PPK/S in blued?

-Pilotsteve

·
Registered
111 Posts
PPK serial number/date

Here you go. (not as early a number as I thought!)

Stainless PPK, .380, serial #A087338, target dated 02/21/98, serial # on target matches.;)

·
Premium Member
6,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Updated Charts

Here are the charts for the Interarms numbers and dates. I've been updating them as new numbers come trickling in from the fine folks who are kind enough to share them with us. With these charts folks who don't have a test target and would like to know when their Interarms PPK or PPK/S was born can get an idea. I believe this is very valuable information for someone who wants to know, and as far as I know this resource is the most complete (and only) source of such information to be found anywhere on the internet - or anywhere else for that matter!

Serial numbers, sorted by serial numbers:

Serial numbers sorted by date:

And finally, Interarms models sorted by model and serial number:

There! Now I know my A022348 was built somewhere between 1984 and 1993... Keep 'em coming boys!

-Pilotsteve

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello all. New here. I dont know if this means anything but I just bought an Interarms PPK/S. Came in original black box which has a date stamped into it in the inside upper left hand corner. Dated 11/92. Serial # is S100898. Seems to track with some of the other serial numbers posted.

·
Premium Member
6,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Thank you very much for you contribution to the project, Malot. Your information has been added to the database and will be of great use in the future. And yes, your data falls in right where it should.

-Pilotsteve

·
Premium Member
6,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Thank you for the valuable data, Jrabo. Your information has been added to the database in order to further help people the world over find their Interarms' birthday.

-Pilotsteve

·
Premium Member
6,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Discrepancy noted!

Hello friends. Recently I received a new set of serial number and date information for an Interarms PPK from jrab0. His serial number is A080299 and the test target date is 1/25/1995. When I entered it into the graphs it does not line up properly. Look at the charts and you'll see what I'm talking about. The serial number falls after PPK A079617, which was test-target dated as 2/2/1995. His PPK is test dated before that date, which should be impossible.

-Pilotsteve

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Here's one way it would be possible:

Because the folks at Interarms were far more picky about QC than their current counterparts at S&W, when pistols arrived from Ranger Mfg. in Alabama that were deemed not up to snuff (and I recall a post stating that as many as 25% were returned), they were reworked, returned, and then retested. That would put the serial numbers out of sequence -- depending on how long the pistols were reworked in Gasden, of course.

Perhaps MGMike will confirm this possibility.

·
Premium Member
6,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Excellent theory, Searcher. I was wondering how this could be. My theory was they had piles and piles of them and tested them out of sequence. For example, the QC person merely took any random PPK off the shelf and after the test shots he'd sign and date the test target irrespective of the order of their manufacture. However, knowing that Interarms was a top-notch company in terms of the product they distributed, this wouldn't be the case. I don't know if they were members of ISO 9000 series of quality assurance or not, but if they were nothing like that would have ever happened. Perhaps MGMike will yet again come along to pass some of his wisdom along to us.

-Pilotsteve

·
Premium Member
6,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Another Discrepecy

Hey guys. Similar to the recent submission by jrab0, the data Jailersmith just submitted is also out of sequence by a few months. His PPK serial number K012051 is dated 4/28/1994, but the date falls after that of PPK K014121, test-target dated 12/13/1994. It really seems as if Interarms really did put their PPK's through a fine-toothed comb when they came in from Ranger! Too bad "others" cannot learn this trait of extremely good quality control.

-Pilotsteve

·
Registered
96 Posts
Isn't month 4= April and month 12=December both in 1994? What's unique about my ppk is the serial# is my birthday i.e. mm/dd/yy. What are the chances?

·
Registered
160 Posts
birthday

jailer..........there is know way i could turn down buying a Walther that's serial # matched my birthday...........now tell us the real reason you bought it..........:cool:

jjt

21 - 40 of 399 Posts