Walther Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to my body frame, in the waist band carry is very difficult for me. I have a bit of a spare tire (bicycle at most) but, no posterior so, I have to have my waist a little tighter to keep my britches up!:D I would like to see what you out side the waist band folks carry your PPS's in. Also, make and model if you please. Need to have it pull in close for minimal to no printing. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Due to my body frame, in the waist band carry is very difficult for me. I have a bit of a spare tire (bicycle at most) but, no posterior so, I have to have my waist a little tighter to keep my britches up!:D I would like to see what you out side the waist band folks carry your PPS's in. Also, make and model if you please. Need to have it pull in close for minimal to no printing. Thanks in advance!

I use a kydex OWB holster from PJ Holsters in Bradenton, Fla. $55,free shipping. Have several. My bod is similar to your description. Holster fits tight to the body, small, light weight, good retention. Carry it every day, sometimes I forget it's there. Check it out.

https://pjholster.com/

·
Registered
13 Posts
My OWB holsters are from L.A.G. Tactical. More expensive than some, but excellent quality and you can choose the grade and thickness of kydex you want for each component.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
150 Posts
I have a similar body issue after losing my caboose years ago. I have a Falco convertible IWB/OWB holster designed to be carried at 4 o'clock which I use when wearing a suit or sport jacket.

I ordered the holster years ago through Craft Holsters, which is a company with and umbrella of many holster makers from outside the US. Falco, I believe is a Slovinia maker and they have a great product. Falco also has more designs for the PPS than others I've looked at.

I also have a Bianchi Professional 100 Sz10A which I wear IWB at 2 o'clock rather than my hip because it works well positioned in front of my hip bone and can be worn in a variety of position as circumstances dictate. I've found this type of holster works well for most of my CCWs. Tightening the belt just makes the gun disappear a bit more without being uncomfortable.

My other OWB holster is a Yaqui slide type which I wear when I have to leave my gun in the car with my wife while I run in to a place where it is illegal to carry - City Hall.

Be sure to check out Craft holsters for other OWB options.

Here is an article with other options and some are Craft companies... https://www.holsterhq.com/10-best-walther-pps-owb-holsters/

·
Registered
29 Posts
I use a owb holster from Crossbreed Holsters for my PPS. In addition, I wear Suspenders to assist in holding everything where it should be. During the winter, I wear a lot of vests, so they cover the suspenders and the owb holster.

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
I carry my PPS M2 in a Bianchi Foldaway holster. It is OWB on the belt. It comes in two sizes. One is for contact to full size and theater s for subcompact, which is the one I use.

There is a review of the Foldaway here.

The attached photos show the holster on my person with a polo shirt draped over it and then with the shirt raised to see the holstered gun.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Grunt67 and 1942bull, thank you very much for posting photos! They help me visualize a lot better than just descriptions. Really appreciate your time!:)

·
Registered
96 Posts
If you must carry OWB, a pancake holster is generally considered to hold your pistol closest to your body, and some are better than others in that regard. Many OWB holsters are made for open carry but we are concealing, so don't counter the slim feature of the PPS by using a bulky holster. Most sellers make one or more pancakes with a variety of retention and cant features, and if you google "pancake holster" you will have a day's worth of research ahead of you. I try to avoid pokey corners and like to have a shield up to the top of the slide. Leather will form to your body contours and probably be most comfortable. Whatever you choose please consider, before you discard it, that a better fit or function may be possible with some thoughtful modification. I probably tweak, mold, cut, file, or sand everything I own.

·
Super Moderator
3,907 Posts
I have a custom leather holster, matching mag carrier, and matching belt made by Eric Hopp of Hopp Custom Leather (aka Hopp Gun Leather). I prefer leather because of the reduced holster wear on the firearm finish compared to, say, kydex.

The image at the following link is not my holster, but it'll give you some idea of the quality of work. Mine is done in this style (i.e. sweat shield) with some differences (namely: exotic hide choice and the way the exotic overlay is/was done): http://hoppcustomleather.com/assets/img/gallery/036.jpg

Mr. Hopp is fantastic to work with and can help you refine your ideas into something he can make tangible and useful. Leather color, stitch color, stitch type, exotic customizations/options, cant, etc. are among the options you have when creating a custom work like this. I've had my leather for nearly five years. It's worn almost daily (for most of the waking hours of each day) and has withstood the test of time better than I could have hoped; it darn near looks new, even today!

I generally open carry these days unless I'm in a metro area where anti-gun people are prone to wasting valuable police time reporting a law-abiding citizen who has a holstered (i.e. non-threatening) firearm legally worn on his/her person. When I need to conceal, I put on a sweatshirt, sweater, or other cover garment over my t-shirt and my OWB holster, OWB mag carrier, and their contents disappear.

Reactions: PPSplinkerCCer

·
Registered
629 Posts
That is some nice leather there. I have heard good things about Hopp Leather.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts