Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just curious, what is your favorite Walther CCW and what kind of holster are you carrying it in?

Mine would be a PPS40 in a Galco IWB/OWB holster that works well to keep the gun concealed even under a t-shirt.

Well, in the hot, humid coastal North Carolina climate I wear a "wife beater" t-shirt under a loose fitting T works best for IWB summer time carry.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
PPS M1 either in belt holster by Tagua, or in a Remora or Sticky brand pocket holster, depending on the social occasion.

Try drawing from your IWB holster while sitting in a car wearing your seatbelt...

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I keep a Remora holster in the center console and use it for x-draw while seated. It is a PITA to keep switching to a different holster so I only do this if I'm driving into unknown territory or to a bad section of town.

I don't figure someone will shoot me then want to drag me out of the car to sit in my blood-soaked seat.

·
Premium Member
8,637 Posts
Q45 in a Wright Regulator.

Reactions: spin40

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
PPS M2 with Kydex IWB concealment express with cant.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Oooo. Tough question.
So far my top 3 (in order of use) have been the Pk380, PPS M2, and PPK/S - last because it’s new plus at Ft. Smith as we speak.
Have been using Aliengear OWB paddles (great holsters) but I felt I was sometimes “printing” a bit is shorts and T-shirt so I picked up a couple DeSantis IWB’s.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
PPS in Ozark IWB single clip kydex holster.

·
Registered
84 Posts
My only Walther.

A CCP M1 in a Comp-Tac Infidel Ultra Max...

·
Registered
9 Posts
A PPQ M2 9mm in a Comp-Tac Gladiator hybrid. Unfortunately, Comp-Tac doesn't make that holster anymore.

·
Premium Member
13,807 Posts
When Texas passed the 'open carry' law, I started carrying OWB, shirt tucked in. I'm currently using a Safariland 6377 holster, carrying at 2 to 2:30ish or right hand draw, and with max forward cant (maybe 15°). I modified another belt mount with additional holes to allow me to carry the pistol on the left side at around 10:00 with about 45° of cant for an excellent cross-draw. The cross-draw is growing on me....works perfectly while sitting my recliner, booth at McDonalds or in the drivers seat. Pistol is easily accessible while driving.

As I recall, I had to do a little dremel work on the holster to get the M2 to fit....easy mod....the areas around the mag release button were making contact with the holster, I had to remove about 1/16 or 1/8 inch to allow for clearance. I also opened up the muzzle end just a little (can't tell by looking at it) to allow a 5" to stick on thru the hole in the end.

Model 6377 ALS® Concealment Belt Loop Holster

MODEL: 6377 SKU: 1158272 PART: 6377-384-411

This concealment holster features the Automatic Locking System (ALS®). Once weapon is holstered, it locks in place and utlizes a straight up draw. Comes with 567BL belt loop, for 1.5 in. (38 mm) to 1.75 in. (45 mm) belts. Suede lining helps protect the gun's sights and finish. Tough STX finish.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
PPK/S, hands down.

Sure, there are many more modern pistols of equal or lesser weight which pack more firepower, but none of them fit my hands anywhere near as nicely, much less look anywhere near as good.

If I'm going to carry something more modern, then I'd sooner opt for a Smith & Wesson M&P over anything Walther is currently offering.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Mostly a PPQ, 9mm in a Milt Sparks Versamax II, IWB holster. This leather holster features a metal band inside the leather to keep the holster mouth open. I have worn the rig for up to 20 hours with no discomfort. Tried other holsters but keep going back to the Versamax.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts