Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many here own and shoot the PPQ but edc something else? If so what pistol do you edc and why not the PPQ?

·
Registered
695 Posts
That would be me. I bring my PPQ M1 to the range most trips but I carry my P99C or Ppks for EDC.

The full size PPQ is just too big to CCW and since the PPQc only has button mag release and isn't compatible with a full size mag, it's a no go for me to get it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
13,816 Posts
I've completely transitioned from concealed carry to open carry. I've been buying various Safariland holsters for this purpose. AND, I've been modifying (don't I always) one or two of the P99 specific holsters to allow use of a PPQ.

I was cruzin' ebay the other day and ran across a Safariland holster for the Smith & Wesson SW99 45, brand new in the original packaging. I'd NEVER see one. My jaw dropped.....it was priced low, but he also listed 'Make Offer'. I did.....Yeehaaaaa. Talk about a needle in a hay stack.

I can remove the holster and mount a UBL belt attachment. I figure I can come up with something else to mount to the thigh rig.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I've completely transitioned from concealed carry to open carry. I've been buying various Safariland holsters for this purpose. AND, I've been modifying (don't I always) one or two ot the P99 specific holsters to allow use of a PPQ.

I was cruzin' ebay the other day and ran across a Safariland holster for the Smith & Wesson SW99 45, brand new in the original packaging. I'd NEVER see one. My jaw dropped.....it was priced low, but he also listed 'Make Offer'. I did.....Yeehaaaaa. Talk about a needle in a hay stack.

I can remove the holster and mount a UBL belt attachment. I figure I can come up with something else to mount to the thigh rig.

Nice find, I squeeze my SW99 45 in a P99 holster, it's a bit tight.

Do you know what the Safariland part number is for that holster?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
My PPQ M1 is great and serves as my HD gun in my bedside safe with a tac light attached to it. I prefer my P99c for carry most of the year but I’m carrying my PPS M2 during these warm months. Size and accuracy are the main issues for me. I also prefer the DA first shot which means I’d carry my regular P99 before my Q.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
My Gen 2 Glock 19. It conceals better being shorter in height and I shoot it bit better than my PPQ. For me my Glock 19 points perfectly for me too in that if I point it to where I want to shoot and then check the sights I am almost right on every time. My Gen 2 Glock 19 is totally stock other than a Grip Force adapter.

Reactions: Robbins290

·
Premium Member
8,638 Posts
I own and shoot Navy Qs but EDC a Q45...:) does that count?

·
Registered
84 Posts
i have been carrying a glock for a long time. Had the p99as, p99c as and the 5" m2. Could not get used to the paddle release on the p99's, Least not enough to start packing it. The 5" is just too big to carry concealed. Might get the ppq m2 in 9 to replace the g19 someday.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Depends on where I'm going and what I'm wearing.
Anything from my 380 S&W Walther, Colt 45acp, Browning Hi Power or S&W 10mm.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Although I own the PPQ M2 5", it doesn't really see any carry time due to its size. My primary EDC are the M&P40 M2.0 Compact, and a Ruger LCP when wearing shorts.

Of course there is always an Emerson CQC-7BW by my side... Just in case...

·
Registered
122 Posts
I got rid of my Sig P238 cuz I cud neva open it...shot it; then gave to range officer to break down, brot parts back home to clean and then I cud put it back together. That durn release pin got to me

Have a PPQ M2 LE but prefer to carry my PPS M2

·
Registered
15 Posts
PPQ SC,concealed EDC 95% (AIWB, Vedder, TXC, Kore belt). Other times (gym, yard work) Bodyguard, LCP, PPSm2. Usually find, however, that if I can get away with wearing the PPS, I can wear the PPQ SC.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts