Walther Forums banner
1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Allright.....so the PPS we all have waited for (well maybe not all but I have) has made it to the IWA in Germany

This will take some getting used to I tell you guys that.... it is a P99 turned PPK or PPK/S or P99subcompact
You wonder how that can be... well let me say this. Innovation at the Walther factory at it's best again.
This PPS is offered with 3 different sized mags.... S/M/L which really relate to the "pinky extension" used for the PPS but at the same time will relate to a higher mag capacity......6, 7 or 8 rounds in 9mm or .40S&W
I have not gotten word on what action this will be available in but from the trigger setup and lack of decocker I would say it is a DAO gun....however the information given could also indicate it is a QA trigger.... I am not 100% sure yet
also it will feature 2 different sized backstraps, which also have a dual use....
take the backstrap off and the gun can not be shot. (this is why I think it might be a QA trigger) take the backstrap off and it takes off the preasure of the "partially" cocked striker........
The PPS is not much bigger than a PPK but in 9mm or .40S&W

*edit..... Forgot to mention there is also a new .22lr target shown. The SP22 is its designation..... a true Walther once more... interchangebale barrels in 4 or 6 inches.... also optional... redot, laser, wood target grips..and a few more
I think I am going to hold off an the P22 at this time.....

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have pics..... I am awaiting permission to post them on the Forum......
Though my assumption is that it be ok.... I want to make sure that there are no objections to this from my source.....
If I find some on the Web from the Show itself I will do so also....:D :D

Here is a teaser from the German website
http://www.carl-walther.info/dev2/

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Lunde
I do have a place to host the pics.....(right here)
I was just not sure if those are for general public at this time.... and wanted to make sure it was OK to post them
Feel free to Host them and link to them... and if you have gotten some pics of the SP22 I would love to see some of them too.....

Thanks
Oliver

Also there is a write up on the German Walther page in the "NEWS" section of all the new products shown on the IWA...but no pics or english text.....
(see link above)

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Did you guys see the pic were the PPK is ontop of the PPS.......
:D

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think it would.....
I don't have the point system in front of me .. but from what I remember
DAO or QA will give it extra points ... so will the grip lenght, even with the 6 round mag it is the size of the PPK/S and isn't there extra points for the caliber too (not sure on that one anymore)
I think without being imported to the US this model will be doomed... unless Walther scored a contract with the police (like they did when the TPH was issued to plainclothed female officers in Germany)

I think this will be a hand full to shoot in 9mm let alone in .40S&W
BTW I did get the same set of pics.........

what I find most interesting is the looks of the PPS and the SP22..... both have a frame feature that reminds me of the S&W pistols... the Sp22 looks most interesting and I think will be a good .22lr to come and might not be as expensive as the high end .22lr's from Walther

http://www.iwa.info/main/dg1xb0w4/d...db.cmspage=dg257w9p&module=exhibitordatabase2

http://www.iwa.info/main/WaltherSP2...renglish.pdf&name=WaltherSP22Flyerenglish.pdf

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
as to the SP22 I don't like the rear sight...
See the one with the weaver base ontop of the slide....
regular sights, red dot and scope is available... and then that nice target grip....

1 - 20 of 111 Posts