Walther Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
If I were rich, I'd buy it. Have Tommy make me a nice all leather holster for it.

And carry the sh!t out of it.

Just kidding. I'd shoot it a little. Hell, it's just a gun. Granted, a very nice, very well preserved gun, but, a gun. It deserves a few through it.

What if it doesn't even work? THAT would piss me off more than not being able to say it's never been fired. Because, you know, it HAS been fired at least once.

Oh well, I'm not rich. I'd just scratch it anyway. I can't keep stuff nice. I like to enjoy things as they were made to be enjoyed. :)

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
The trigger bar is the first production pattern; later it was extended upward to fill the ugly gap between the top of the bar and the slide (which exposed the end of the unlocking cam). Still later the trigger bar was extended forward to cover the Swiss-cheesed circular hole for the dismounting lever.

M

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
I'm assuming the white lettering came that way from the factory.

I've never seen a P88 in person with that white lettering on the slide.

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
I'm assuming the white lettering came that way from the factory.

I've never seen a P88 in person with that white lettering on the slide.
No P88 came from the factory with white paint in the markings. That's a collector affectation.

M

·
Premium Member
6,228 Posts
No P88 came from the factory with white paint in the markings. That's a collector affectation.
Mmm. Were it mine, I'd be busy with a toothpick not ten minutes after I unpacked it. Or, should the wax remain in the rollmarks? The collector's dilemma...

-Pilotsteve

1 - 9 of 9 Posts