Walther Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been meaning to join this forum for awhile and finally did so. Just thought I would contribute my own enthusiasm for Walther firearms, especially the P99 AS. In my opinion, it it the finest overall polymer pistol on the market, and I own two glocks and an H&K usp tactical. The combination of DA/SA system, crisp SA trigger, and incredible ergonomics make it my favorite pistol. As far as it's accuracy, I can't say for sure it if it as accurate or more accurate then a Sig or a Glock, for example, but I know I SHOOT more accurately with the P99 then any other gun due to it's natural-pointing nature and smooth recoil.

Unfortuinately, it is also one of the most underrated firearms out there. It seems like it is a niche crowd who truly appreciate it. I've always wondered why that was.

Oh well, their loss I suppose. Anyways, looking forward to good time here.

Jonathan

·
Registered
4,343 Posts
Yes, I agree with everything U say. I have shot my P99 A/S better than I do with expensive (+1000) 1911s...

For me, its the best handgun out there.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
welcome aboard..... and when you get a chance post a pic or two of your P99

·
Registered
858 Posts
maybe if all the gun haters in the US would claim that the p99 was invicible to all the airport x-ray machines,it would start a new revolution and p99s would sell like candy bars at a weight watchers convention!?

·
Registered
38 Posts
As far as it's accuracy, I can't say for sure it if it as accurate or more accurate then a Sig or a Glock, for example, but I know I SHOOT more accurately with the P99 then any other gun due to it's natural-pointing nature and smooth recoil.

I'm the same way - I shoot the P99 better than the G17, XD9, SIG 226 or the full size USP.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
mmmm nice :D

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
I like the first generation on the right.

I really don't care for what Walther mutated this design into. Had I the $600 at the time I would have snapped up the P99 on the for sale forum.

Nice collection. Who makes the can on the P99?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
mmmm nice :D
Thanks man. :) It was my first attempt at digital photography with an el-cheapo camera I got out in the classifieds. Someday soon I'll do a proper photo with a tripod and decent lighting.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I like the first generation on the right.

I really don't care for what Walther mutated this design into. Had I the $600 at the time I would have snapped up the P99 on the for sale forum.

Nice collection. Who makes the can on the P99?
Yea, I know where you are coming from. I still prefer the old design myself. Although, I do have to say, the the new design has grown on me a lot lately. Not just in terms of the extra functions, but also aesthetically. Still, the old design seems sleeker and more business-like. Nevertheless, it is all the same goodness on the inside. :) Is there a considerable mark-up these days for old style p99s?

The cans shown there are the AAC Evolution 9 for the AS and the AAC Pilot for the P22. I am still waiting on my Jarvis .40 barrel.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm the same way - I shoot the P99 better than the G17, XD9, SIG 226 or the full size USP.
Yea. The only gun listed up above I might shoot as well with is the Sig, either 226 or 229. But that is all metal, so doesn't count. :p

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, I agree with everything U say. I have shot my P99 A/S better than I do with expensive (+1000) 1911s...

For me, its the best handgun out there.
Yea, exactly! Why people don't see this is beyond me. Afterall, what makes a great handgun? I typically think of reliability first and foremost, then handling (both ergonomics and recoil), then accuracy and aesthics.

Reliability: I've shot well over 1500 rounds through my P99 AS .40. Went boom everytime and cylced properly.

Handling: Best for any polymer pistol I've tried.

Accuracy: As stated above, functionally excellent.

Aesthetics: OK, I suppose this one is subjective and personal, but I like em! :D

Another catagory would be durability I guess, but I don't plan to drive a semi-over my P99s anytime soon. I'm pretty sure it will handle the normal wear and tear though.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
I don't really know if there is any premium on the first generation design, though i would be willing to pay it.

I had one of the first P99's in the country back in '99. Serial number was 000237. Wish I hadn't sold it, but I needed funds for a P88. I eventually bought another first generation P99 in 2002 or 2003 before the re-design.

But it's not the same as having my first one.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Correction, that was in late '97 or very early '98.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts