Walther Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm attending a 3 day NRA Personal Protection course. Pretty interesting stuff. Last night was particularly good because a police Sgt from the South SF PD came to talk about legal and practical aspects of owning a gun in CA. His name was Andy Normandy, the same who co-operates with Mythbusters when they need stuff stot to bits. Most recently this involved shooting a pig carcass to see how much it would move on impact of various rounds. I forget Andy's exact list of certifications but it was impressive including being the primary weapons instructor for the area and a big wig in the consolidated SWAT team for several counties. Unfortunately he only had about 2 hours but it was very educational nonetheless.

Anyway, about the YAMP, I had repeated problems with my slide not locking back on empty mags, even with blue followers. To make matters worse I also had 1 blue follower partially stick out of the mag which caused it to stick. So after tonight all 4 mags are going to S&W for replacement. I only hope that the new ones work better.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Were they 15 or 16 rounders. It's a good bet that all these mag problems have something to do with the new capacity mags.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts