Walther Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!.....Well I've decided to get me a P99. I have been waffling on the idea. Handeled a couple and today rented it's sister a SW99 in 9mm. I loved it. I just can't decide on a cal. Up till now all my experience has been with revolvers. I do have a couple of questions. First, are there any reliability differances between the two calibers? Second, I also fired my gp100 as well and I'm much more accurate with it. I know that part of it is becouse I'm more familiar with it but can I expect anywhere near the same accuracy with a P99? I seemed to keep hitting low. And lastly, i know that the assault weapon ban is probably going away in sept. but are high cap mags all that plentiful or expensive? Thanks in advance for any responses.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I will try to answer your questions.

All calibers are very reliable.

Yes you can expect the near the same accuracy but revolvers are quicker to learn to master. Accuracy is a strong point of the Smith/Walther P99s. If you keep hitting low there are interchangable front sights which may help.

Hi capacity magazines are more plentiful for the 9MM but costly, in the $75 and up range. For the .40/.357Sig they are in the $125 range and hard to find. (Yes you can buy a Bar-Sto .357Sig barrel for the .40 cal pistol).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts