Walther Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to sale my Y2K P99 NIB if anyone's interested. Stilll have original bill of sale, and all paperwork in the case in addition to the factory stuff. She is in .40, one of the 500 in the series. SN#310/2000 of the set. I know a lot of you all don't like .40 for some reason, but just makes her more rare. Keep hearing ".40s shoot apart" but have to call b.s. on that. Got the SW99 in .40 after I thought about not shooting this one just cause of the "commemorative", and put over 12,000 rounds thru it, and would still hit a quarter at 25 yards all day long. So know "shooting apart" has nothing to do with these. But this one in new, unfired in the case, stipulations are everything original, BUT instead of the 2 factory 10rd mags, this one was bought with 1(still in plastic) 12rd mag, original Walther mag, but has the 1 12rd, instead of 2 10s. I have several new 10s, but the gun was bought new with the one 12. I'd love to shoot her, but I've kept her unfired all these years, and wanted to see if anyone's interested in her. Right now, she's juat taking up shelf space. Case, with ALL the stuff isn't "small"(VHS has never been played), so looking for a good home for her.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I think you forgot something ;)

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I know a lot of you all don't like .40 for some reason, but just makes her more rare. Keep hearing ".40s shoot apart" but have to call b.s. on that.
I don't know about "shooting apart," but the round is definitely harder on both the gun and the shooter than 9mm, has lower magazine capacity, and has not much in the way of benefit over 9mm.

Also, if you want to sell something, there's a whole section of the forum dedicated to that purpose: https://www.waltherforums.com/forum/trading-post-parts-bin/

·
Registered
185 Posts
I remember when .40 SW was all the rage, now for the same model gun in .40 and 9mm the 9mm is always more money and harder to find. I've been looking for another P99c in 9mm and there scarcer than hen's teeth, the .40 versions are all over the place for way less money than the few 9mm I've seen. Seems like everyone, including the police, are going back to the 9mm. The police trade ins I've seen lately have all been in .40 SW.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts