Walther Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought 18800 Meps and front sight was loose. Returned and had set of Meps 18801 sent. Fit great but shoots 4" high at 30' with sight pic 3 and 2" high with sight pic 2. Not happy with this but like the sights. So I stumbled onto XS Big Dot sights and standard dot sights. Like the smaller Standard Dot better since seems more precise. Can anyone tell me what model of standard dot version works on PPQ (part number would be great)? And also how hard to install on my own? Thanks.

·
Registered
148 Posts
From what I've read, XS sights the P99 and PPQ are the same. Can anyone out there confirm this? I've got the XS sights on my 1911 and love 'em. Thinking of putting them on my PPQ.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I put the PPS XS Big Dot sights on my PPQ 9mm, no issues at all. Took me roughly five minutes from start to finish, as XS includes all the necessary tools. Dotted the "I" at the range, and right on target.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I just installed a set too. Had to take Emory cloth to the front sight barely to get it to press into the slide. Was like the coating was just a gnats ass hair too thick.

I am really able to dot the I quick in the dark. Much faster than my trijicons.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I really like them as well. I had a fair amount of filing to do on the front to get it to fit right. Not a big deal. They may well have fixed that by now. P99 sights are what you order on their web site.

·
Registered
301 Posts
ive got the big dots...people either love em or hate em...seems like more people hate em, but i think alot of that has to do with people not giving them enough trigger time...

is it a adjustment? probably, but i didnt notice the difference...i tend to shoot at minute of torso off hand at 25 yards and tight groups are not my main concern for a carry/sd firearm...and i like putting the golfball on the tee

give em a shot, i dont think youll be disappointed

·
Registered
72 Posts
Big dots here, and so far my favourite sights.

I understand people's concerns with the large front site, but imho the whole purpose of these sights is quick target acquisition and the big dot accomplishes this better in that regard. I don't find my big dots any less accurate than my regular size front sight on my Beretta M9, but I do find them loads quicker. Either way you can't go wrong.

When I purchased my XS big dots last winter they had them listed as PPQ sights, but I did notice they removed that later. As the others have said the P99 sights will work, and I also had to file the front site down on each side, but just a bit. If you need to file just make sure to do both sides equally.

Good luck :)

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'm really not interested in filing down a piece of 120.00 hardware..lol but if I must then I must...lol

Where did you guys order yours from?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Where did you guys order yours from?
Direct from XS. Had to wait awhile as they were back ordered last spring. The filing was not a big deal. The first time I used them at the range I had also changed the backstrap to the fat one. That threw me off a little. but when I changed the backstrap back I was fine. One change at a time is a good rule.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts