Walther Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,
My grandfather brought back a Walther PP from WWII. We are looking for information about the gun. It's a 7.65 mm. It has the magazine release on the heel of the grip. On the left side of the gun beside the grip the letters PDM are there with the numbers 13xx below them. The serial number is 812xxx. Also there is a N with a crown on the frame and another on the barrel. I will try to attach pictures. I am wondering what year the gun was made? And what PDM means along with the crowned n's? Along with any other information you have.
Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
Welcome to Waltherforums, Bob!

Very nice gun, seams to be in good condition. It's a Walther PP, made in Zella-Mehlis (Thuringa) in 1934/1935 (the known sources differ a little bit). PDM = Polizeidirektion München (Munich police department), 1392 is the inventory number.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Very nice and the PDM PP is harder to come by than the more often seen PPKs.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Very nice. Great family heirloom.

·
Registered
964 Posts
I'll bet magazines for that are rarer than hens teeth, how many do you have for it ? Velcom to the Forum and thanks for the pictures that is the only one like that I have ever seen . Bunch of firsts tonight , a see through PP and now this did any body notice what the caliber was on that lucite gun? ayb

·
Registered
345 Posts
Thats a great pistol, nice condition it seems...
Now you need a Huber holster...:)
I believe that 1392 also is the last digits in the serial to the gun - you wrote 812xxx is that correct?

·
Premium Member
1,150 Posts
Hello,
My grandfather brought back a Walther PP from WWII. We are looking for information about the gun. It's a 7.65 mm. It has the magazine release on the heel of the grip. On the left side of the gun beside the grip the letters PDM are there with the numbers 13xx below them. The serial number is 812xxx. Also there is a N with a crown on the frame and another on the barrel. I will try to attach pictures. I am wondering what year the gun was made? And what PDM means along with the crowned n's? Along with any other information you have.
Thanks
You've got yourself a rare and what appears to be a fine condition PP. These were ordered when Heinrich Himmler was head of the Munich region's police department. There weren't many made around 450 PPK's. I have no idea how many PP's were commissioned. The guns had several features not common on most Walthers including a flared barrel, heel release, no signal pin. (I'm sure you've figured that out by now.) That's a nice, rare pistol that isn't seen too often. Many congratulations. ~J

1 - 9 of 9 Posts