Walther Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. Please forgive me if I post in the wrong place. I am new to this forum and have never owned a gun before. First off, a little history: my husband is originally from France, and now our entire family have dual citizenship. Recently, my mother-in-law passed away and we traveled back to France to take care of the estate. My husband knew that his father, who passed away when he was two years old, had owned a Walther gun possibly from WWII. We found the gun and had it sent to the US so that we could do some research. Okay, now to the gun. From the research I've done through this forum, I believe that our gun was made in 1945 and was taken by allied troops from the factory before a proof mark was stamped on it. It also has two serial numbers, 3900##p on the barrel and 3845##p near the trigger. It came with an original clip pp7,65 m/m with a Walther stamp. The interesting piece for me is the holster. It has an eagle stamp with wba78 under it, 1942, a circular stamp, p.Mod. 27, and in the interior in ink, Mihajlov. That isn't exactly a French or English name. One other note, my father-in-law was a judge and prior to that, I am guessing he was a lawyer. Perhaps he was holding the gun for someone??? Or perhaps it could have been payment for services. Can anyone be of service to me in determining if this gun is in fact a Walther, since it is lacking any markings except for grips? And can anyone help me in determining why Mihajlov is written on the interior? Thank you to anyone who has read this much already and is able to answer my questions.

·
Premium Member
26,071 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,722 Posts
It's a late WWII Walther PP assembled from parts after the Walther factory was captured by the US Army in 1945. If the left of the slide is unmarked there should be an "ac" Walther factory code by the serial number on the slide. These factory capture PP's often lack proof marks or military acceptance stamps. Many will be unfinished or have Walther marked wood grips.
The holster is for a CZ-27 pistol (Pistole Modell 27) manufactured in Czechoslovakia while under Nazi occupation. The eagle stamp on the holster with wba78 underneath is a "Waffenamt" or German military acceptance stamp. The name "Mihajlov" in the holster could have been the name of the US soldier who captured it or an Axis soldier who carried the CZ-27. There's probably no way to know.
Here's a photo of my Czech CZ-27 along with the war trophy paper. Unfortunately, I don't have the holster... ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Photos stamped CZ Mod 27 holster 1942

Thank you very much for all of the information. It is very helpful. I appreciate your knowledge on the subject, since the two gun dealers in my area didn't know very much about my gun and holster.

Any ideas on cost and where to sell my gun and holster? It isn't that my husband and I don't appreciate the pistol and its history, but we believe that it would be better appreciated by a collector of this era.

(I'm having trouble with my camera. The pictures of the entire holster are true to color. The close up of the stamped area got washed/lightened).

Thank you very much in advance to all who comment!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,722 Posts
Thank you very much for all of the information. It is very helpful. I appreciate your knowledge on the subject, since the two gun dealers in my area didn't know very much about my gun and holster.

Any ideas on cost and where to sell my gun and holster? It isn't that my husband and I don't appreciate the pistol and its history, but we believe that it would be better appreciated by a collector of this era.

(I'm having trouble with my camera. The pictures of the entire holster are true to color. The close up of the stamped area got washed/lightened).

Thank you very much in advance to all who comment!
Sure, to sell it just decide on a selling price (or trade) and post an ad with your photos in the Trading Post section here at Waltherforums.... :)
Be sure you have your profile set to accept PM's so prospective buyers can contact you. I know one guy who needs the holster... :D

·
Premium Member
6,722 Posts
As a reminder on forum policy sales and trades should be conducted at the Trading Post where the rules provide for a proper yet friendly business environment where firm prices are established as opposed to a secret auction where the highest PM wins. This is not acceptable behavior.
Besides...I saw it first... ;)

·
Premium Member
6,722 Posts
Hi Frenchy,

Here's a link that describes your Walther factory capture PP... :)
http://www.panchogun.com/FVWebPhotos/FV-Walther-PP-ac-code-Red-Grips-5x100px.jpg
Your PP is a collectable Walther variation and not just a "parts gun". You might want to check the new 2012 Blue Book of Gun Values for pricing advice. Online auctions are another source. Whatever you decide it's a nice Walther PP with a great history. Thanks for sharing it with us... :)

·
Premium Member
26,071 Posts
And do feel free to list it here in the Trading Post section of the forum, with a firm price attached. It clearly has some interest from some members. Thanks for sharing it with us.

·
Registered
17 Posts
As a reminder on forum policy sales and trades should be conducted at the Trading Post where the rules provide for a proper yet friendly business environment where firm prices are established as opposed to a secret auction where the highest PM wins. This is not acceptable behavior.
Besides...I saw it first... ;)

For the record, I haven't sent the OP any PM's. I have been watching the trading forum and this thread for any updates on whether or not they decide to sell, and for how much. For all I know they may want much more than I am ready to spend, hence not wanting to put "dibs" on anything.

·
Premium Member
6,722 Posts
For the record, I haven't sent the OP any PM's. I have been watching the trading forum and this thread for any updates on whether or not they decide to sell, and for how much. For all I know they may want much more than I am ready to spend, hence not wanting to put "dibs" on anything.
Feel free to PM...I was just kidding on the "saw it first" thing. I do that a lot... :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.