Walther Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a PPK 7.65 with SS markings for the 10th Panzer Division, Frundsberg. It also has the original owners initials (what I believe are these) S.R. I have heard this was an officer's pistol.
It has been fired quite a bit but the barrel still has a nice mirror finish. Any thoughts where I can find out more info on it.

I have included a photo which might display upside down.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3meey2f5x2k94lu/2014-03-13 10.37.18.jpg

·
Premium Member
8,669 Posts
Sadly, I don't see military acceptance marks, and while it might have been privately purchased and used, the engraving just doesn't look correct to me.

For your sake I do hope to be proven wrong by those more expert on SS weapons and markings.

Could you show us more images including the right side of your weapon??? Seeing the proof marks and serial number will help us to understand more about your PPK and be able to give you a date range of manufacture...

Images of the magazine will also be helpful.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't think the mag is original. Came like that when I got it years ago. I has a different serial number.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Think the SS markings were added to this PPK to add value.

·
Registered
141 Posts
The engraving looks poor. Be hard to prove it was SS either way probably. Could be a post war veteran thing, but they weren't too interested in advertising SS membership after the war.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Serial number puts it as a late '44 model.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Serial number puts it as a late '44 model.
I think the answer to authenticity would be better found by researching the 10th SS and see if even was possible for an officer to likely to have this made. The 10th SS had a clean record and a strong veterans association. This could be some kind of Veterans commeration.

Reactions: Milspec

·
Registered
141 Posts
BTW... The 10th SS was the Waffen SS unit resting and refitting in Holland when Operation Market Garden took place. As Monty described them "old men and boys".

Reactions: Milspec

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the input. For now we'll just continue to enjoy this awesome weapon. As for those "old men and boys," they sure made Monty eat some crow.:rolleyes:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts