Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Returning to the forum with a new purchase.
I haven’t been a collector in the past but I’ve been getting interested in WWII firearms.
I’ve seen many “late production “ PPs but few with the markings on this one.
The slide doesn’t have a hole for the loaded chamber indicator.
Here’s a couple of pics, if anyone is interested in more pics let me know and I’ll post.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Very nice late 1944 early 1945 PP. I like it. Do you have the original grips and magazine? Mag should be marked on left bottom Walther 7.65 m/m and on the bottom right the letter W. However any earlier mag. will work. The grips will be harder to find. This pistol probably came with the beech wood stamped (impressed) wooden grips. They are extremely hard to find. This late in the war the Germans used anything they had and it is not uncommon to see early weighted black grips. There is someone making reproduction wood beech grips. They are original in appearance and I have a hard telling them from the original ones. Again, nice pistol. Jim

The markings are correct and original. The WaA359 stamps show it was issued to the military. It is the military acceptance stamps on the slide and frame. Absence of the loaded chamber indicator is also correct.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply Badge.
I do have the correct mag and black plastic grips. The mag seems to be mild steel and although it feeds fine I don’t want to use it and spread the lips.
The grips are kinda ratty. They are correct for the period because the plastic is over molded on steel.
I’m a Gunsmith so I had to disassemble it and replace some springs and the hammer spring plug. Someone had put a soft plastic one on it.
I love to shoot my WWII guns so I make sure they’re all in good order but I keep all the original parts in marked bags.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The soft plastic hammer spring plug is correct and original to the pistol. This style of hammer spring plug replaced the steel one mid war. I hope you did not discard it because like all WWII Walther parts they are getting hard to find. Jim

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Main spring plug.

Thanks for the info.
I didn’t think they had that type of plastic in the 40s. It’s not hard like Bakelite it’s soft like nylon.
I keep all the parts in labeled bags so I can put it back to original if I need to.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts