Walther Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello first post on the forum.

I recently came into possession of a WW2 GI bring back walther PP from an old relative.

I have the bring back papers for the item dated September 8th 1945 and customs declaration dated October 2nd 1945.

The story is he got the pistol during a raid/search on a warehouse in Berlin along with a cleaning kit and hitler youth knife both of which we don’t have . Still tracking down unit information and history etc I noticed the “150th Armd Sig Co” on the paperwork.

While looking at the gun I noticed it has a marking of an x inside of a box by the hammer, I can’t find information on this marking

And the color of the trigger seems to be a different color/finish than the rest of the gun and most of the walther PPs I’m seeing online. This has piqued my curiosity

Serial number seems to place it as a 1942 production.

Other than serial number and the German eagle Over N nitro proof marks it has no military or police markings that I can see .

1 magazine with no serial number or special markings.

I also noticed on the inside of the holster a blue ink/paint that is faded/warn off that I can’t identify.

I would appreciate any information you may be able to provide about this pistol.

Looking over the gun it looks to be in very good shape I’d almost say the barrel looks so nice I’d say it wasn’t fired other then at the factory.

Is it safe to use modern .32 Acp in these pistols? I’d love to shoot this little pice of history.

Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Gun accessory Shotgun
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
Show Content
Trigger Gun accessory Wood Personal protective equipment Revolver
Finger Gesture Thumb Wrist Bumper
Helmet Sleeve Collar Bag Wood
Grass Road surface Beige Wood Asphalt
Air gun Material property Trigger Gun accessory Gun barrel

·
Registered
201 Posts
Thank you. Any recommendations on replacement magazines and ammo that works well in them
Not advocating shooing vs. not shooting them, but as for magazines, Mec-Gar makes high quality PP and PPK mags that are a little hard to find at the moment. Period magazines can be very expensive. As for ammo, I would definitely rule out anything that's really "hot" or +P, as that seems to be pretty solid advice for any of these older guns.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Correct period Magazine going to cost you around $150. Pistol is fine to shoot, a good FMJ load is what you want. They’re not that fun to shoot, being a blowback pistol after a while it gets on your wrist. Just put a few mags thru it then put it on the wall and buy a shooter.
The ink stamp is more than likely from the hide manufacturer nothing to do with the holster per say. Magazines are only numbered for special contracts not for the commercial pieces.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Original magazines are available but sell for $150-200. I don't think that the PP is uncomfortable to shoot in .32 ACP. I've shot WWB and Remington/UMC through mine with no problems.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Hello first post on the forum.

I recently came into possession of a WW2 GI bring back walther PP from an old relative.

I have the bring back papers for the item dated September 8th 1945 and customs declaration dated October 2nd 1945.

The story is he got the pistol during a raid/search on a warehouse in Berlin along with a cleaning kit and hitler youth knife both of which we don’t have . Still tracking down unit information and history etc I noticed the “150th Armd Sig Co” on the paperwork.

While looking at the gun I noticed it has a marking of an x inside of a box by the hammer, I can’t find information on this marking

And the color of the trigger seems to be a different color/finish than the rest of the gun and most of the walther PPs I’m seeing online. This has piqued my curiosity

Serial number seems to place it as a 1942 production.

Other than serial number and the German eagle Over N nitro proof marks it has no military or police markings that I can see .

1 magazine with no serial number or special markings.

I also noticed on the inside of the holster a blue ink/paint that is faded/warn off that I can’t identify.

I would appreciate any information you may be able to provide about this pistol.

Looking over the gun it looks to be in very good shape I’d almost say the barrel looks so nice I’d say it wasn’t fired other then at the factory.

Is it safe to use modern .32 Acp in these pistols? I’d love to shoot this little pice of history.

View attachment 106285 View attachment 106286 View attachment 106287 View attachment 106289 View attachment 106290 View attachment 106291
Welcome from northern Indiana enjoy the conversation.

·
Registered
86 Posts
been shooting my Tyrolean PP yearly since the early 80's.....sometimes twice a year.
40-50 rounds per visit.
I have never experienced anything but fun pure fun firing it.
After warming up with the P38's it's more like a pop gun.

WWB or PMC 99% of the time. Armscor has performed well. Fiocchi specs are hotter, so, a def no no...

Congrats on the aquisition !!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Please correct me if I am wrong but various German pistols of that era had some parts with a yellow/orangish color very muted, called "strawing". I had such in a wartime Lugar. Have seen it in a few examples and most are rather faded with time and war. This one looks relatively untouched. Nice fine.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts