Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I just purchased a police PPK dated to 1941 in good condition. The holster it came in is, however, a weird configuration with a button snap enclosure. The holster has a K-???? number written into it as well as a soldier’s name. It may have the pistol serial number penciled into as well but not sure yet.

What is this holster? Has anyone seen anything like it before? Why the unique method of closing the flap? I would love to hear what you experts are thinking.

Brian

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
Nothing unique about the flap,and it looks to me like the holster can be used as shoulder,or cross-draw.

·
Registered
923 Posts
The metal rings enabled the wearer to attach a leather shoulder strap to the holster and attracted to the belt. The holster would then would be worn though a slit in the tunic worn by the person carrying the the PPK. The holster is post war.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
577 Posts
How close is the holster fit? The 7.65 pistols were historically shoved into all kinds of holsters not necessarily made for the specific type. While the strap-through-the tunic-slit type described by doug326 was used in West Germany in the 1960s/70s for the PP, I can’t think of any German state using brown leather gear of that style. However, suspending a pistol holster from an outside belt with two straps and carabiner-type hooks was not unique to that time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts