Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Yep, I tried a .32 auto bullet to see if it would go into the barrel and it fell almost half way in. EDITED!! Living in Texas, I called my next door neighbor who I know owns a .380 caliber handgun. He brought over a Federal .380 bullet and it fits like a glove. UGH.......... so now how do I replace the .380 barrel and put in an style original 7.65 barrel? Any recommendations??

·
Registered
629 Posts
So you were the one who snagged that frame from gunbroker. Legacy advertised it as a .32. Not sure if they knew about the barrel issue or not. Why not get a Ulm slide and complete it as a .380 shooter?

·
Registered
629 Posts
That eagle on the barrel hood is the standard nitro proof fron the nazi era. Is the barrel itself marked in any way? Anyone else have any opinions as to if it was a legitimate. 380 model (because some were made) or the assumed re-barreling to .380 calibre?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Last pic of mag well the notch in the lower left corner of the well indicates a .380 does it not?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
O'neal, that was very observant of you. I did look at my other PPk . Its 7.65 mm and its mag well is not notched. So I don't know. I looked online, the few pics of older 9mm KURZ PPK's that I found, have the magazine release at the bottom of the mag well, this one has a button like the regular PPK's. So I don't know, still confused to whether this is a real .380 frame or one that someone Frankensteined. Any help would be appreciated if anyone of you might know any more info. Thanks!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Did Legacy sell it as a WWll/vintage .32 frame? The grips appear to be after market two-piece.
The hammer looks new.

·
Registered
629 Posts
This was the description of their auction:

"Legacy Item Number: 08938 WW2 Walther PPK Pistol Frame & Parts WWII 7.65mm

This is an original Walther PPK frame made around 1940-41. The pistol frame and barrel have eagle/N proof stamps. The auction includes everything shown - all internal parts are included, however the pistol only seems to function in single action. This must be due to a trigger spring or some other small internal flaw (we're not sure). We won't accept returns for not reading the description... The trigger has grooves, which means it's a post WW2 part. Also the grips are plastic and not WW2 original. The other parts all seem to be original and authentic. The finish on the frame is excellent and high polish with only minor thinning on the front strap. Please see photos and feel free to ask any questions. C&R eligible!! No import stamps. If you know wartime PPK's you might recognize the serial number of this frame to be in the SS Contract range. 280xxxk to 281xxxk. However without the slide or a matching numbered magazine it would be difficult to prove".

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Legacy is willing to refund me 100%. My question is whether it’s a hack job barrel replacement or a real .380 frame and barrel. I may just send it back and get me something else. Hate to have a frame that maybe dangerous/not safe to shoot.

·
Registered
629 Posts
If it is a legitimate .380 piece and you decide to send it back, please PM me as I would like to make them an offer on it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts