Walther Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

So I have been to the end of the internet looking for more info on a PPK 22cal. that I just acquired . I think that this one is a commercial piece and serial number tells me it was made in 1941 ( 343*** k). It does have the 3 E/N marks - BUT I have not found anything about one of the marks being on the left side of the ejector port . All the ones I have seen have it under . The rest of it looks good to me. Any one have an idea ? My grandfather brought it back from the war and it was passed down to me not looking to sell it just want to know as much as possible about the gun itself to go along with the story .

Thanks

·
Registered
257 Posts
Pics would help A LOT and the resident experts will tell you what they can. I'm too new to the collectible Walthers to tell you anything other than that pics are needed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm sure it has , it sat for years and needs a good cleaning . I would still like to know about the mark on the side . Why it would be there and not under the port like of the others I have seen

·
Registered
323 Posts
Not unheard of. Those proof stamps were applied by hand after firing.
"Why would it be there and not under the port?"
I've seen them there primarily on the rare .22's.
There might have been a directive for a short while designating that as the spot to place the proof stamp. Walther was a manufacturer turning out a product in high numbers like any other, with small details in their product evolving over time.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the info . I cant wait to get it cleaned up and have some fun with it .

·
Registered
854 Posts
Is it possible it had anything to do with the cutting down of the slide that the .22s got to save weight?

·
Registered
323 Posts
Good thought...

·
Registered
621 Posts
Eagle over N PPK in .22 lr pre 1946 are very rare. Infact one of the last production run PPK pistols was in .22 lr. To this day nobody has a good answer why....

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Infact one of the last production run PPK pistols was in .22 lr. To this day nobody has a good answer why....
Walther printed a costly color brochure to promote these guns. So it's obvious that Walther made provisions for a prospective commercial market after the end of WWII.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts