Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a little confused on this one the serial number is 393960P but the slide is not marked with the serial and is Zella Mehlis Thur . It came with 2 older mags one has the W stamped on the side and has 960 in electro pencil, the inside of the slide also has 960 in electro...
only other markings I can find is a Crown N under the ejection port

I thought all PP were double stamped SN's after 220,XXX

Is it a SS contract super secret Himmler Gold Train gun or a parts gun by Bubba?

Here are the pics https://imgur.com/a/hGM7c

Premium Member
The "W" on the magazine stands for weich (soft) and indicates that the feed lips weren't hardened.

Are you sure that the proof is a crown ? With a serial number that late it should be an E/N.

Registered
sounds like a mismatched slide, IMHO Is the sllide marked by hand internally with a serial number? Does the frame at least have the E/N?

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
sounds like a mismatched slide, IMHO Is the sllide marked by hand internally with a serial number? Does the frame at least have the E/N?

the slide is marked internally with the last 3 digits of the serial number???? 960 same as the magazine

no eagle N proof anywhere I can see

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
SO has anyone seen magazines with the last 3 digits of the gun electro penciled on the mag such as this one?? 960/W

1 - 6 of 6 Posts