Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, new to forum and thrilled to find it. I have a ppk 32cal brought home from Europe by my uncle. I do know he was in France but that’s bout all I know. It has a light brown, plastic grip. Only have one clip, I assume the other one was ejected out in the mud somewhere when obtained. Brown flap holster with extra clip compartment attached. Something very interesting, while examining the holster, I noticed a small piece of paper crammed down into the inside tip. When I carefully fished it out, it had my uncle’s name, I assume his I’d # and date on it. Probably put it in there when he claimed it. One other very unique thing about the pistol is that it is what I assume to be nickel plated. I am 100% sure my uncle did not have this done. Anyone have any ideas about this? I’ll try to include more details and pics soon.
Serial#210532 K
Holster has D.R.G.M. stamped on it with what looks like two crossed rifles over an eagle.
Maybe small faint letters Ahah under that.
Date obtained says 1944-45

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
After the war was over Axis guns were going for less than a dime a dozen. Many GIs took advantage of a cottage industry by getting their souvenir guns plated. Cost to get it done was like a pack of Camels. If your uncle brought it home as a war souvenir already plated he probably won it in a poker game. That would be my story anyway.

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
No collector value because of the plating, but probably a nice shooter. Acc. to the serial number it was probably made in 1939.

Holster seems to be a AKAH Anuschat holster, DRGM = Deutsches Reich Gebrauchsmuster => a 'small' patent in Germany.

·
Premium Member
1,523 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

I agree with Jimbo that it was probably plated post war. Could you try to post some pics ?

·
Registered
826 Posts
Odds are your Uncle had it plated, BUT always a possibility he picked up an original pistol nickle plated by Walther. Pictures will help to determine extent of polishing and dullness of the plating and any peeling of plating. I bought one off RIA years ago and showed it to Dieter when he visited the US. He thought it was original factory.

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Hi Joe,
very rare but not impossible. Let's wait if OP likes to offer some pics.

Martin

·
Registered
226 Posts
Another "1 poster"... :)

The "nickle" of WW2 era was more of a flat color I think. If it's closer to "chrome", then it's probably post-war.

At least that's my 2 cents... others here will know better...

Post pictures...

James

PS Does the PPK have any other marks? On the slide or maybe on the frame where you put your hand? What about the mag, does it have numbers on it?

·
Registered
290 Posts
Aw yes, the vet bring back and it seems they all had to have them nickel platted because that's what you did back then. Shame

·
Registered
10 Posts
PPK

Hi, I don't mean to hijack this thread , but I have PPK that was brought back from Europe by a friend of my father .When He passed away the gun was given to my father and thats all I know .Any info that can be provided will be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
290 Posts
That's a Zella and even though the finish isn't in that great of shape it's a valuable gun.
Far more experienced people here than me can/will comment. All Zellas are sought after.

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
RSHA (=Reichssicherheitshauptamt, part of Himmlers SS)-PPK Type 2, probably made in (late) 1937. A valuable gun, congratulation!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hi, I don't mean to hijack this thread , but I have PPK that was brought back from Europe by a friend of my father .When He passed away the gun was given to my father and thats all I know .Any info that can be provided will be greatly appreciated.
You have previously posted about this gun, and it appears to confirm an earlier SS gun. You changed the grips from the original photos (wood grips) and the gun may have been partially refinished, but still nice.

https://www.waltherforums.com/forum/pp-tp-series/40484-pre-war-ppk-32-a.html

Any reason you reposted to this thread?

James

·
Registered
10 Posts
I also reposted on the Wehrmact awards forum , I've had a resent computer crash and lost alot of info, just trying to recover some info , when I saw this thread . I carry the gun a lot because of its size etc. , all I hear is, its valuable , never how much its worth . Maybe I should sell it or put it in the gun safe and forget about it.

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Well, you've asked about a gun we've already know. You may post some pics of your gun right now to get a 'near real' assumtion.

PS: As I'm from Germany it's impossible to value a gun in the US, sorry.

·
Registered
826 Posts
If it was in excellent condition, I would think it valued at $3000 at least. But it appears reblued to me. At least the slide does. That sinks the value quite a bit IMO.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Martin: This is off topic, but did you know TANFOGLIO or why he stopped posting? Miss seeing his great PPK collection.

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Martin: This is off topic, but did you know TANFOGLIO or why he stopped posting? Miss seeing his great PPK collection.

No, I don't know anything about him for some times. You may try to write a PM to him?

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
After that I can't help, sorry.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I also reposted on the Wehrmact awards forum , I've had a resent computer crash and lost alot of info, just trying to recover some info , when I saw this thread . I carry the gun a lot because of its size etc. , all I hear is, its valuable , never how much its worth . Maybe I should sell it or put it in the gun safe and forget about it.
Sending PM if I can figure out how to.

James

UPDATE: As I figured, 2nd poster looking for a sale I think. No response to my IM proposing a deal. Looking for top dollar for refinished gun I suspect.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts