Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just recently picked up this WWII Walther beauty from a collector and am asking the all-knowing Walther gods on this forum to assist with the journey of discovering its history...

Some noticeable markings include:

- Left side slide reads: Waffenfabrik Walther, Zella-Mehlis (Thür) Walther's Patent Cal. 7.65m/m Mod. PPK

- Right side slide reads: 393929 k

- Eagle + N on gun chamber, slide and right tip of barrel.

- Eagle + swastika C behind trigger (left side)

- All black 'Walther' grip

So far, I've been informed that this is a 6th Variation PPK, with PP-rear sight and made in 1942 for the Polizei. (Credit: Marschall, D.)

Any other information about the history of this particular pistol would be very valuable and greatly appreciated. This includes any sources or links available to assist me in my hunt for further information on this WWII beauty.

P.S. - I've seen some examples of those Capture Certificates that have been

sold with the WWII memorabilia and would be GOLD to find one attached to this pistol! It would be like winning the freakin' lottery!

Attachments

·
Registered
824 Posts
Well unfortunately, not much more is known about the Police contract with Walther for PPs and PPKs. Serial ranges have been established over the years but that is about all. There really isn't any conclusive evidence of what the Eagle letter markings represent.

But I wanted to ask you two things about your PPK. Is the frame magnetic? I seems to be non-magnetic Dural, but that may be only my view of the frame surface. The other thing is the magazine. Is it marked with the Walther banner? The bottom looks odd with the square front seated in the pistol. Usually, the magazine bottoms show a curved front.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Copy!

@phansson, the Eagle C is a Police marking and it was in 1942. That pretty much sums up all I know about the pistol at this time.

@Poloberst, thanks for that info about the police contracts of the Walther PP and PPKs.

To answer your two questions: 1. The frame and slide are both magnetic. 2. The magazine that was in the gun in the photos is the "old" magazine (1942?) while the curved bottom one is the one that the previous owner included with the sale. (See attached photo of magazines)

The "old" magazine has no identification marks or name brand while the curved bottom one has 'Walther PPK 7.65 mm' at the bottom.

Attachments

·
Registered
824 Posts
The old magazine is probably not a Walther product if it does not have the Walther name on it. You might provide a photo of the marking on the other magazine, as it could be a post-war mag.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts