Walther Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
471 Posts
This is what I heard (read)...
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]When the Walther P99 was first introduced, the magazine capacities for the respective calibers were 16 (9mm) or 12 (.40 Auto) rounds. However, starting in 2004, Carl Walther has downgraded the capacities of both calibers by one round, making them hold 15 (9mm) or 11 (.40 Auto) rounds. The new 15-round 9mm magazines are easily distinguished by having the witness holes on the back of the magazine, as opposed to on both sides of the magazine for the original 16-round and so-called Turkish 15-round ones. The new 15-round 9mm magazines also have a inward-intruding rib that runs vertical on both sides of the magazine, which serves to keep the capacity at 15 rounds. Carl Walther apparently made this magazine capacity change due to the difficulty by some users to insert a full magazine into the pistol with the slide closed.
I got the information from here:   Walther P99 FAQ

· Registered
471 Posts
One bullet is not THAT big of a difference really. My Sig 226 only holds 15 rounds, and it's a larger pistol over all... $180.00 for 6 Hi-cap mags w/shipping is not a bad price... The butt plates mean more to me than the one round.... That's my hangup!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.