Walther Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a 6 Walther factory hi-caps for sale. Three of them have the Walther P99 floorplates, the other three have the S&W floorplates, but ALL are WALTHER factory mags (just some have the S&W plates). I would like to get $35 out of the ones with the Walther floors, and $30 out of the ones with the S&W floors. ALL of the mags say Walther on the mag itself and these are all factory mags. Prices include shipping and if you want all 6 I'll sell them for $180. Email me at [email protected] if you are interested.

·
Registered
471 Posts
You say hi-caps. Are these the 16 rounders or the 15 rounders?

Thanks!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are the new 15 rounders. Most of the 16 round mags had issues so Walther switched to the 15s. Let me know if you are interested.

·
Registered
112 Posts
CDP Man,
Interesting what you stated 'issues', as I purchased 7 of the 16 rounders two years ago and have had nothing but excellent experiences with them and have never heard of or read any bad reports on them, perhaps you are confusing them with the problematic 40 cal mags, can you reference any publications or postings regarding bad reports on them? Other then they are harder to come by then the 15 round mags, believe the 16 round mag would naturally be preferred to a 15 round mag.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Talking to Earl's ... there has been issues with 16 rounders ....
well that is if one don't take proper care of them....
The reason why Walther went to 15 rounds is simple due to the large amount of LEO forces using them and never taking out the rounds of the mags .... compressing the mag-spring too long to hard makens them go "broke"
So the solution to this was simple... make them hold one less round and don't compress the spring that much.....
but once more... I don't know it all ... so if somebody wants to correct me.... do so

·
Registered
471 Posts
This is what I heard (read)...
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]When the Walther P99 was first introduced, the magazine capacities for the respective calibers were 16 (9mm) or 12 (.40 Auto) rounds. However, starting in 2004, Carl Walther has downgraded the capacities of both calibers by one round, making them hold 15 (9mm) or 11 (.40 Auto) rounds. The new 15-round 9mm magazines are easily distinguished by having the witness holes on the back of the magazine, as opposed to on both sides of the magazine for the original 16-round and so-called Turkish 15-round ones. The new 15-round 9mm magazines also have a inward-intruding rib that runs vertical on both sides of the magazine, which serves to keep the capacity at 15 rounds. Carl Walther apparently made this magazine capacity change due to the difficulty by some users to insert a full magazine into the pistol with the slide closed.
I got the information from here:   Walther P99 FAQ

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hal8000,
Thanks for the accurate info, that is what I have heard also and believe it is accurate as it is supported by the facts. In my experience, the 16 round mags function flawlessly, but they do take just a little more force to seat them with the slide closed, but still pretty easy to lock the fully loaded 16 round mag in place in my opinion. I much prefer the largest capacity mag available that is reliable, therefore the Mec-Gar 16 rounders are what I prefer over all others mags for the P99.

·
Registered
471 Posts
One bullet is not THAT big of a difference really. My Sig 226 only holds 15 rounds, and it's a larger pistol over all... $180.00 for 6 Hi-cap mags w/shipping is not a bad price... The butt plates mean more to me than the one round.... That's my hangup!

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
CDP..... I would take them but I already have seven 15 rounders...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts