Walther Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
WTS - Walther P5 that is unfired, in the original Walther box with paperwork and extra magazine.

Asking $1,100.00 OBO + shipping.

Please shoot me a message and I can email or text pictures if interested. I want this to go to a good home where it will be taken care of. Pistol has not been fired and has been a safe queen for all of its life.

I understand this is my first post on here with this account, but I have been locked out of my other account due to inactivity as I never post, but merely lurk and take in the knowledge. I have excellent feedback under other forums that I can direct you to.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
We have a scammer that keeps trying to sell P5's on the forum. Folks will be very leary about you and this P5. Just an FYI...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We have a scammer that keeps trying to sell P5's on the forum. Folks will be very leary about you and this P5. Just an FYI...
I well understand that, though I didn't know about the poster that is trying to scam people. I can provide pictures of all of my Walthers, including the P5 and any other information the interested party would like.
As I said, my username on AR15.com is symmranch and I have all positive feedback on that site, as well as being an Active paying member since 2014 on TexasHuntingForum as Zach S.

·
Premium Member
13,813 Posts
Where do you live. I'd be glad to meet you at a gun store close to you to buy this pistol.

Have Gun, Will Travel.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Stupid dynamic links. Either way, it was supposed to be a link to user "symmranch" here at waltherforums.com

https://www.waltherforums.com/forum/members/23500.html
As I mentioned in my post above, I used that post for a number of years and purchased several Walther pistols on this site, but my login does not work and it says it does not recognize my email address, which is odd as I've had the same email address for the past 14 years. I sent a note to the Administrators and never heard anything back.

·
Premium Member
13,813 Posts
Austin isn't that far from Fort Worth. I can meet you in Austin at the following location.

Austin Texas FBI Office
9420 Research Boulevard
Austin TX 78759
512-345-1111

I can bring $1100 cash. Will only complete transaction after the serial number has been run through the FBI, ATF and ever other law enforcement agency in the US. If the serial number comes back clean, AND if the pistol is actually BNIB, as described, I'll take it.

How soon can we meet?

·
Super Moderator
9,923 Posts
It's not that members distrust specifically you. It's just that we've had several attempts by a scammer in Arkansas (or was it Alabama) who tried 'selling' a P5C several times. That P5C listing used images obtained from a legitimate listing on an auction site, and most definitely did not belong to the scammer.

One great way to alleviate everyone's concern would be to post a photo of the pistol atop a copy of today's newspaper with today's date clearly showing.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Austin isn't that far from Fort Worth. I can meet you in Austin at the following location.

Austin Texas FBI Office
9420 Research Boulevard
Austin TX 78759
512-345-1111

I can bring $1100 cash. Will only complete transaction after the serial number has been run through the FBI, ATF and ever other law enforcement agency in the US. If the serial number comes back clean, AND if the pistol is actually BNIB, as described, I'll take it.

How soon can we meet?
Hell, I was willing to meet him this weekend in Austin at a gun store with $1000 to give that P5 a loving furrever home.

·
Premium Member
13,813 Posts
^^^^It was Arkansas.....then Austin.

Posting a picture of the pistol laying on top of today's paper is an excellent. In addition the serial number has to be clearly visible.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
It's not that members distrust specifically you. It's just that we've had several attempts by a scammer in Arkansas (or was it Alabama) who tried 'selling' a P5C several times. That P5C listing used images obtained from legitimate listing on an auction site, and most definitely did not belong to the scammer.

One great way to alleviate everyone's concern would be to post a photo of the pistol atop a copy of today's newspaper with today's date clearly showing.
If no newspaper is available, I would find something like this acceptable also:

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I know one of the addresses the Scammer gave was to a trailer park in Conroe TX. I looked it up via GoogleMaps...

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Or a photo of the seller holding the gun with the serial number clearly visible.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.