Walther Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, you missed Halloween. But it's not your fault; I know you were busy. There's still time for Christmas, though. Don't get so busy you forget that, too.
;-)
I've gotten complaints from some of my customers that the Walnut PPK is too loud, so I've added a silencer to the lineup. Guaranteed to silence the Walnut PPK to a 0 db level. Pictures later - but for now just imagine the Bond movie poster...
(Mine are maple.)

Cost is just $19.95 plus $6 shipping, and it should be in your hands in just a couple of days. Head over to http://walnutppk.com to choose a specific model. Each one's slightly different.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bigfatdave-
I drill the barrel with a 3/8 in. drill. I guess that makes them .380's. :)
(actually .3625's. Sort of close. Dimensions are correct for a S/W PPK/S as was pointed out to me before I understood all the various nuances of the PPK's history.)

boogs-
Thanks for the comments. But probably no PPQ. Don't hold your breath. I like the "classic" lines of the PPK, and since I work essentially for free, i've got to do what I like. Now if you wanted to pay me by the hour, ...

·
Registered
2,722 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Beautiful work! Looks like a fun hobby. :)

I'm on board for a true PPK (the shorter grip) with a maple suppressor and some kind of stand, if ever you get around to making a batch of those.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've got plans for the next version. Removable mag, with an included 8GB memory stick. Moving trigger, if I can figure out how. Original PPK outline, with shorter height, shorter beavertail, (it'll be up to you to avoid the bite). Calls for all new templates, though - I can never do the same thing twice, and the changes probably won't allow me to hold the $20 price point any more.

And I've still got 5 of these guys left. I appreciate the posts you guys have made here. If you are on any other forums where people might be interested, I'd appreciate a mention there. I've tried google+, but it seems as dead as a bond villain.

Ben

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Removable mag is a good idea, you could just have it magnet in and not worry about the complication of a mag release button. A non-moving button could be added, or just spring-load it and don't make it do anything.

Memory stick is a nice idea, but a slot for a standard one would do it, I have more than enough thumb drives around here already. Actually, just make the magazine hollow, and let the user store anything they like in there. I put mine out on display, it would be nice to have something hidden in it, although I don't know what, exactly.

Moving trigger could be linked to the hammer with a push-bar, without a sear it wouldn't really wear out, I think. (pull trigger, hammer goes back on a pusher rod)

And the original PP dimensions with flat mag base would be really cool, as would other guns.

===

And it looks like Mr Barlow has one or two left, someone buy the last ones before I annoy my wife. She said, "no more unless they're different or actually DO something". (Which hasn't stopped her from fondling them and chuckling)

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
693 Posts
I received my PPK/W and silencer in the mail in good health!

It reflects the opinions in previous threads of simplicity and quality. Very masterfully crafted. The can and barrel fit is perfect.

It's so nice I'm tempted to add it to my signature, it really feels like I own another Walther. :D

Thanks Ben!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Walnut PPK Model 2 is in the works. Prototypes being built. It will have a removable mag, either flat or extra round/finger - whatever they're called - and i'm trying for an articulated trigger. That thins down the trigger guard some, and makes it more fragile, but it sounds like most of the Model 1's end up displayed. I don't think the hammer will move, and I can't link the hammer and trigger - too complex.

It will have the old PPK shape (I think) and more details than Model 1. And I've got a friend working on wooden ammo. (He questioned me in the beginning, as did many of the friends I told of the "wooden gun". Everyone wants to know, "Why?" Well, why the heck not?)

Thanks for all your support. It means a lot.

Ben

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Expect an order for wood ammo and a nice dark PP with flat mag. In .32acp, please

"why" is a pointless question, sometimes.
Because it makes me snicker
Because I like well-crafted stuff more than mass produced disposable junk
Because I might want an inert prop for a demonstration or example in discussion

----
Had another random thought just now:
The straight-back sliding trigger and flat sides of a 1911 might lend themselves to your construction methods and limitations. The same could be said about the shape of a colt 1903 pocket hammer less. (maybe more so for the 1903)

---

Milspec - I just realized that it was YOU who snagged the ebonized model.
I'm quite jealous, it looks great next to the steel variant.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts