Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Selling a 1943 P38.

One almost identical to this one sold on GB yesterday for 1200.
My asking price is $1200 and i am open to offers.

This gun does not appear to have been re-blued or have any import markings.
The serial numbers match (3752j).

If you have any questions or need additional images please let me know.

Images can be found here: https://imgur.com/a/joS62UR

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmm... Interesting, can I inquire how you came about this piece?

My father-in law's father passed away and left him a collection of pistols. He has no interest in the guns, so i am helping him sell some of them. I wish i knew more, if only guns could talk!

·
Registered
572 Posts
Sorry for your loss.

My grandfather passed away 6 years ago and my uncle sold all of his guns without asking family if they were interested. Among them was a P38, and he, too, lived in TN.

I get curiously optimistic when I see P38s from TN come past my eyes in the hope to find my grandfather's bring back.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry for your loss.

My grandfather passed away 6 years ago and my uncle sold all of his guns without asking family if they were interested. Among them was a P38, and he, too, lived in TN.

I get curiously optimistic when I see P38s from TN come past my eyes in the hope to find my grandfather's bring back.

I'm in the Cleveland/Chattanooga area if you are familiar with it. If i run across any paperwork that points to its previous origins ill note that on here, but at this point that is unlikely.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Different area. My grandfather was in Gatlinburg. What I know is that they were sold to a public works fellow in that area.

Good luck in your sale, sorry for 'highjacking' the thread.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Any additional interest before this goes onto GB? I am flexible on price, was hoping it would find a home here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts