Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Made in the USA

In 2011 RJK Ventures developed the Armory Racks Product line. Armory Racks are a patented high-density space-saving solution for handguns. The racks are designed to allow in-place pistol removal and replacement in tight storage spaces like safes, where space is precious and expensive. The multi-gun models are equipped with sturdy carrying handles allowing easy portability from location to location, like a safe to a display area, or a work area. The carrying handles also double as a means of securing mounted pistols using a cable lock. Armory Racks also can optionally be configured with a storage tray, so spare magazines and small accessories can be stored below the pistols, providing easy access.

Our web site contains more information, dimensions, and several pictures Armory Racks - Handgun Racks - RJK Ventures LLC

We manufacture 4 styles of single gun racks for use in display cases, on walls and under shelves. We also have 4 different sizes of multi-gun Armory Racks for 2, 4, 6 and 8 guns with Storage Trays and protective hanger coatings

Our web site contains more information, dimensions, and several pictures. Armory Racks - Handgun Racks - RJK Ventures LLC

FAQ: FAQ - Armory Racks - Handgun Racks - RJK Ventures LLC

Customer Reviews and Product Pics

Video Review -->http://youtu.be/8uqRLQjR8G4
Product Review --> P64 Thread: Out of the Box Review: Armory Rack (4 Gun)
Product Review --> Gunmart: Review: Armory Racks Secure and Carry Handgun Storage Rack
Product Review --> Jerking The Trigger: Review: Armory Rack (8 Gun)

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Very nice -- looks like a great way to add to the space in your gun safe. :) Nice review.

·
Premium Member
1,792 Posts
Ryan - good stuff...I've seen other racks without the
plastic tips and have C R I N G E D!

Maybe some member here can recommend you to their LGS.
Nice products, good luck~!
Photo

·
Registered
361 Posts
very good idea IMO.

when carried do the guns swing back and forth at all? or do they pretty much stay put?

i will probably be ordering one here within a month or so. researching my safe options right now.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have found that even with the caps removed we dont have issues. I have the 3/16" rod rounded and when is is powder coated there is good coverage for .22 and .25 calibers. The caps are used for .30 or larger.

When you take your guns for a walk you to get some sway, but they tend to sway in unison so you don't get them hitting each other. Some of the smaller calibers like a .32 tend to stay put due to a little tighter fit over the cap.

·
Premium Member
6,722 Posts
Armory Rack is In!

My new Armory Rack and tray arrived and it works as advertised. It's well-made of real steel and coated to prevent any barrel or muzzle wear. If you carry it by the handles the guns and tray stay in place. It's a great product and the discount for forum members is appreciated. Thanks Ryan... :)

·
Registered
455 Posts
As long as you are asking for feedback..... "constructive criticism" as it were....I would prefer to see a plastic sleeve run down the entire length of the wire piece that enters the barrel. I know, I know.....you say the metal rod is coated, but a thin cover ( like wire insulation) for the smaller diameters/calibers....would make me feel a lot better.

That said.... excellent idea and design.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks IPSC, I appreciate the comments. I have not seen any issues with the cap and powder coat on my collection, but it would be wrong not to seriously consider this for those that may want extra protection.

I have a customer that used fuel line on the hangers for some large caliber guns. I was also looking at offering clear 3/16 ID fish air hose as an option to slide over the entire hanger as you mention.

The challenge I have seen is the smallest caliber that will fit will then be 9MM due to the thickness.

Anyone else have any feedback or thoughts on this? Do you think this is something I should offer, or just provide options /directions for folks to add this on their own if there is interest? would you pay for it, if so, what would it be worth to you?

I am looking at the cable locks as well. I can offer them, but honestly I think it may be cheaper for folks to use / purchase their own.

Thanks,
Ryan

·
Premium Member
6,722 Posts
I think a thin plastic tube over the rods might be a good idea. There's a tiny ding in the coating where my Glock's nitelight hit the rod. Or I could remember to take the thing off... :eek:

·
Registered
455 Posts
You can even consider the product that is used to cover plier handles and such.... dip.... pull out... and let dry. You know what I'm talking about. No matter what wire diameter you offer, it "Self-corrects"......

Might even mimic the method used to put rubberized coating on dishwasher racks......

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
We just added a customer’s page to our site and a FAQ section.

Customer Racks - Armory Racks - Handgun Racks - RJK Ventures LLC

The FAQ section also has a customer "project" section. The first is a tray tie down add on. We are also looking at the ideas presented here around protection with plastic dip and tubing.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

NEW REVIEW --> Review: Armory Rack (8 Gun) – Jerking the Trigger

"Armory Racks are the most practical and efficient handgun storage option that I have encountered. They maximize your space while actually enhancing accessibility. I really don’t know what else you can ask of a handgun rack."

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 57 Posts