Walther Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time post so I might as well ask for something:D

Trying to find out the year of manufacture on this 7.65mm (.32 Cal) made in the Zella Mehlis Thuringa factory so I can hopefully get the correct grips. Crown over N proof mark, no import marks, six digit serial 141xxx followed with a "P"

So far I haven't had any luck running down a serial number range that number will go in.

Thanks in advance for the help!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help guys, I now have a set of grips on the way for this pistol. Having that said, what would be the current value of this pistol with the correct OEM grips installed?

·
Registered
781 Posts
I don’t think correct grips matter on your pistol as a question of collector value. The after market checkering on the front and back grip straps have eliminated any collector value. As a shooter, I suppose $500 is reasonable. Maybe I am low, but I’ve never bought a 7,65mm shooter. I bought a pre-war 9mm k with a bad finish as a shooter but they aren’t around that much.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don’t think correct grips matter on your pistol as a question of collector value. The after market checkering on the front and back grip straps have eliminated any collector value. As a shooter, I suppose $500 is reasonable. Maybe I am low, but I’ve never bought a 7,65mm shooter. I bought a pre-war 9mm k with a bad finish as a shooter but they aren’t around that much.
That aftermarket checkering is part of the grip I am replacing.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Once you’ve removed the wrap-around Pachs and assuming there is no hidden corrosion issue coming to light underneath when you do, a set of correct original panels should elevate the potential value at least several hundred dollars above the $500 shooter estimate.

One picture is little to go by, but the finish looks to be in solid condition, so it would be attractive to collectors not looking for investment-grade.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Once you’ve removed the wrap-around Pachs and assuming there is no hidden corrosion issue coming to light underneath when you do, a set of correct original panels should elevate the potential value at least several hundred dollars above the $500 shooter estimate.

One picture is little to go by, but the finish looks to be in solid condition, so it would be attractive to collectors not looking for investment-grade.
As soon as I get the new grips on it I will post more pictures. I expected to see some problems underneath the rubber grips but was pleasantly surprised to find when everything was in good order...dusty but no corrosion.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Are you intending to treat this as simply a shooter? If so you may well find you like how the Pachmayr grips work, even if they leave more than a bit to be desired aesthetically.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Are you intending to treat this as simply a shooter? If so you may well find you like how the Pachmayr grips work, even if they leave more than a bit to be desired aesthetically.
Just trying to make sure it has what it is supposed to in order to be able to sell it on behalf of a friend.

Here's the pistol with the correct grips on it. What would be a fair asking price?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts