Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at german made PPKs in .380 (shooter grade, not collector) for a concealed carry piece. Most time I see them for around 2k? Earl wants a little over 2 grand. Can these be had cheaper with some patience? How are the manurhins compared to the germans? just as good? Or should i just opt for ppk/s if i dont want to pay that much. Thanks.

·
Registered
629 Posts
You have to keep your eyes peeled constantly on the secondary market, but they are out there. Shooter pricing are generally considered $250-550 depending on desire and overall condition. I picked up a 67 PPK in .380 last year and paid 650 shipped. More than what I wanted to pay by $50 but I really wanted a West German PPK that I could mess around with to my hearts content and used ones don't come on the market as often, and when they do, they are quickly bid up to unreasonable prices for used guns.

I couldn't be happier with the purchase though. Despite appearing not having been cleaned since 1967, containing more lint than you can possibly imagine, and having about 50% of the slide bluing worn off from years of carry, after giving it a deep cleaning, I was very pleased to see that it had been shot very little. The bore is mirror bright and the barrel shows barely any finish wear, with all of the internals being in great shape.

So they do come up from time to time. Stay vigilant.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow that sounds like a great price, wasnt sure if theyre sold that low. I wouldnt mind a nice one but i'd hate to beat one up like that from shooting or carry or refinishing etc. Earl has a hard chromed ppk/s for 1095, but i think i'd opt for the PPK as thats the original design and most compact.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Not a .380 ppk, but I paid $480 for a Swedish police PP and it's my understanding thats a bit on the high side for a surplus gun. Paid $525 for my stainless Interams PPK. Really trying to find a Manurhin or West German PPK/S in .22, but these things are getting harder to track down and places like gunbroker are a crapshoot as mentioned with bidding getting out of hand.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Here are some recent real-world sales of 1960s Walther PPK in 380:

Here is a pristine gun with the original box and two magazines, sold for $2025:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/796908944

Here is a gun with tons and tons of holster wear, original box and one magazine, sold for $1550:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/796232423

And here is the one I just bought, seemingly in great condition, with original box, six magazines, two mag pouches and a holster for $1525:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/797980746

FWIW....

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
IMO Fair market value is $5-700. Unfortunately for those that want them ASAP, they are now selling on GB for waaay more than FM/Blue Book. You'll always do way better at your LGS if you're not in a hurry. My recent '65 PPK in .22 find was $875 in the highest priced LGS in town. It took me 10 years to find it but was well worth the wait.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts