Walther Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, after getting screwed on here by a private seller, I am looking to still purchase a Walther P99 in 9mm. I would prefer new from a FFL. If anyone has any leads, i would be really appreciative.

Thanks!

·
Registered
57 Posts
I am so sorry to hear about your experience. So far I've managed to protect myself from such things in dealing with internet sellers of various things over the years.

That being said, I have a Gen 1 P99 in 9mm coming my way soon, though I see in this thread you're looking for new? If you're interested, send me a PM. The one on its way to me is definitely not new, but it is a Gen 1 like you were looking for initially.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am so sorry to hear about your experience. So far I've managed to protect myself from such things in dealing with internet sellers of various things over the years.

That being said, I have a Gen 1 P99 in 9mm coming my way soon, though I see in this thread you're looking for new? If you're interested, send me a PM. The one on its way to me is definitely not new, but it is a Gen 1 like you were looking for initially.
I am interested in the P99 Gen 1. Let me know when you get it. Obviously we will need to work out some safeguards for the purchase haha. Thanks and keep me updated.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I am interested in the P99 Gen 1. Let me know when you get it. Obviously we will need to work out some safeguards for the purchase haha. Thanks and keep me updated.
Of course! I've not bought or sold a firearm long distance via a forum before, so it'll be a first for me. I'll let you know when it arrives. Also check your PMs soon.

·
Super Moderator
14,791 Posts
Hyde, when you pick up your P99, tell your FFL you plan on selling it and ask him how you'd go about doing that. He'll probably tell you to make the deal with the seller....figure out how you want to handle the money end and then simply bring the pistol back to him (your FFL) and he'll ship it to the buyers FFL. Seller will need to provide the 'receiving' FFL's info to the buyer (you) so you can provide that info the your FFL.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hyde, when you pick up your P99, tell your FFL you plan on selling it and ask him how you'd go about doing that. He'll probably tell you to make the deal with the seller....figure out how you want to handle the money end and then simply bring the pistol back to him (your FFL) and he'll ship it to the buyers FFL. Seller will need to provide the 'receiving' FFL's info to the buyer (you) so you can provide that info the your FFL.
Better yet, don’t even have the FFL transfer it to you; it’s on their books before but gets into your hands anyway. Then just pay their shipping costs to the buyer after you receive the money.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Just as an update to all, I'm the FFL. I try not to mention that much here since I'm not a forum sponsor.

Anyway, the P99 was supposed to arrive today, but arrived early yesterday. Unfortunately I was unable to take delivery, so I rescheduled it for today ... but of course it didn't arrive. Being that it was shipped USPS, we're looking at a Monday delivery hopefully.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
OP,

Another forum member, @romeo_alpha01, posted about a Cali FFL having one on consignment. If I can find the link, I will send it to you.

No guarantees that it is still in stock, or that someone else hasn't gobbled it up already. These are wonderful pistols, and anyone that has one has a gem.

Wish you the best!

·
Registered
625 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts