Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'm a long time Sigforum member and a recent Walther vintage/military guns lover and just discovered/joined this great forum.

Recently purchased my first one, a P38 AC 44 with Nazi markings.

I am now looking for a P88... If you have one and willing to let go to a good home, please let me know.

Thank you kindly,

Sam

·
Registered
70 Posts
p88 compact

I have a P88 that has only been factory fired, it comes with 2 mags, original box and target plus manual.
selling for $1200 shipped to your FFL.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Sam, my gun is a Compact P88 and I live in south florida as well.

For most Walther collectors, the Compact P88 is more desirable then the P88. The Compact was an evolution of the design, it correct some of the P88 shortcomings.

The P88 was discontinued at some point, and the P88 Compact production continued (~3,500 units produced), making the P88 Compact the final "all metal" gun designed and produced by Walther Ulm WITHOUT Umarex involvement/oversight/bean counting.
Good, bad, or ugly, the P88 Compact was the FINAL firearm designed and produced by an autonomous Walther Ulm.

The P88 Compact is a large handgun too, one fewer round and .2" shorter barrel vs the P88. I have X-Large hands and went with the Compact.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you sonny700 for your good offer. I was able to find a P88 Compact online a few days ago and should have updated this thread.

I thank you too, DeutschlandUberAlles for your great background input on the P88 and P88 Compact - I like shooting the Compact very much.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts