Walther Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WTB looking for a real P38k, not the "aftermarket" shortened or police shortened version. Slide should be lableled from the factory indicating P38k. Please send pics description and asking price. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
wow ..... was I green behind my esars back then

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, Thanks for the response I guess, although I'm not quite sure what your response has to do with my ad. I'm looking for a short barreled P38 or P38K. while your pics and link are interesting they don't help my search. Possibly you replied to the wrong ad or am I missing something? Thanks for the effort. Best regards, Pete

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Ummmm sorrry
I didnt know there was much difference from the P38 to the P38K.... my bad and actually I overlooked the "K" when I initally read your post..... I just saw P38 and remebered seeing the gun for sale
again my appologies

anyhow the above is a P38 for sale for $850

·
Premium Member
1,792 Posts
P38k

Good day; The commercial version of the P38k was made in the latte 70's, a production run of about 3k. It will be stamped on the left side of the slide P38 - K. It has the front sight on the end of the slide. Many vairiations have been done with the site on the barrel by others than Walther. It will also have an alloy frame. The 1979 Interarms price was $555. I have two of them which were about $1k each. There is one for sale on GA for $2,200. http://www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976803337.htm. They are very cool guns.

photo

·
Patron
212 Posts
Here's mine..........upper right hand side. They are "neat"!

:cool:

·
Patron
212 Posts
That's depressing. :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
P38k

Nice pics to all thqat posted. thanks for making me jealous. Still haven't found a realistically priced one. There is one on GA for $2200, I'll keep looking...

·
Premium Member
1,792 Posts
P38K

You have to look everyday...when they pop up, ya gotta grab them. I have two which I got on GA within the past two years. Good luck - I'll keep my eyes open for you.

photo

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Well, I went through a steep learning curve within a year....:D
anyhow....
I think the best it will get pricewise is $1500..... that is what the last NIB P38K sold for on the P38forum.... there was one on gunbroker that I looked at some time back that had also a threaded barrel..... (not sure if that was yours photohause, or if there was another one) this one also came with a thread protector.....

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
one (p38K) also just sold for $850 .....
it was in a collectors paper and the phone# was listed on the P38 Forum.... sure enough it was sold within hours.....

·
Registered
2 Posts
P38K for sale

Hi,

I have a P38K (real one) for sale. I have taken good care of it. It still has it's plastic box, original manual and factory target.

I am in the USA, and am not familiar with rules shipping it overseas, so it would be easier if someone in the US wanted it.

Chris

·
Patron
212 Posts
I am in the USA, and am not familiar with rules shipping it overseas, so it would be easier if someone in the US wanted it.

Chris
I think you're pretty safe there because AFAIK you can't ship it overseas!

·
Patron
212 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts