Walther Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to All,

Brand new to the forum. I am looking to purchase (as the title says) a pre GCA ppk (Ulm/Do) in .32/7.65. She need not be a beauty as she will not be a safe queen. Please no rust or pitting. Not really concerned with all the accoutremonts either. Just a PPK who can be my companion all day everyday.
Please feel free to post, PM, or point me in the right direction. Thanks to all who take the time to read.

~QP

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Is no one selling these days? Am I just unlucky, unliked, or smelling weird? Cash, cold hard cash!!! Someone post or pm plz:)

~QP

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
You'll have a lot better luck finding one for a "reasonable" price in a pawn shop or perhaps on your local Armslist. That's how I found mine. It takes a fairly diligent search but they are out there.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cheese and rice man I go away for a few days and it's sold already. Yes I know patience patience, but my holster and sellier and bellot is all here just waiting for a PPk! Thanks for the post about guns international, that will be in my daily check rotation along with gunbroker from now on. I have thought about Earls but he does seem to be a tad on the pricey side and truth be told I have read some less than flattering reviews though I have never dealt with him personally. Thanks all who posted and please keep passing along those leads!

~QP

·
Premium Member
26,071 Posts
Patience is the key. Check the online auction sites and for-sale houses daily. And there's nothing at all wrong with Earl; he's a gentlemen, in fact, and true to his word. But his prices are sometimes steep in comparison to what you can find elsewhere ... with patience. Good luck; happy hunting.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes it would appear so. I kind of have a routine now where I check first thing in the morning and last thing at night. That's good to hear about Earl. As I mentioned I had never personally done business with him, I'm not saying you can't trust everything you read about someone on the internet but.....Good to know he is another option should my patience run too low or my wallet run too fat (the former being the far more probable than the later given my profession haha). Thanks all to view and reply!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Would you settle for a PP? I have a mostly post-WWII (1945 by serial number) in 7.65, AC stamped, think it was bring back but no paperwork or proof stamps. Mismatched serial numbers. I posted on it here the day I got it: http://www.waltherforums.com/forum/pp-tp-series/18519-walther-pp-serial-numbers-13.html#post234178

I'd really like to pick up a full size P99AS in 9mm, so this would help fund the purchase. We've not shot this much, so it's sat in the safe. Let me know if this might work. Can send more pics if you're interested.

SER

·
Registered
391 Posts
Just wanted to say that I've dealt with Earl twice now and he's been nothing but professional and of great help. Everything I've bought has been at a fair price and of excellent quality.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts