Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post, so hello everybody. My Local Gun dealer called his distributors & none had this particular pistol. So if anyone wants to sell one, or know a place with reasonable prices, Please let me know, so I can have one shipped here (Florida) to my FFL.

In addition, I am looking for a threaded Barrrel. From checking online, no-one seems to make a threaded barrel for the Compact, so I believe the Fullsize P99 barrel is 102mm vs. the 90mm on the compact, so if I use a P99 Barrel I will have 12mm of barrel to thread. I am pretty sure the 2 barrels are otherwise identical.

Therefore I am also looking to a buy a P99 Barrel, threaded or unthreaded, or, even better, a threaded Compact Barrel.

Open for suggestions....

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just spoke with Chuck over at Patriot & he didnt have it, but is going to check with his suppliers in the morning....It seems like when you really want to buy something, noone has it........But if I didnt want one, they'd have 15 in stock.....for now, still looking

·
Registered
7 Posts
You're going to have trouble finding this one. I think I got one of the last ones around. Four Seasons in Woburn says call for availability so you might try them. Gunbroker has a few sellers that seem to have them but I tried to make a deal with Gerbig Arms and he tried to screw me after he got my money order, so I'd steer clear of him.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thomas, Funny you should say that about Gerbig. They have the exact gun I want on both GunBroker & GunsAmerica...The ad reads "NIB" So I sent an email asking what year was it produced, or has it been sitting around. They assured me it was "Brand new 2007 production"....until i called S&W and they told me based on the serial number the gun rolled off the line in Sept 2004.

Zebraranger....Chuck never called me back to let me know what his distributor said....So Im still looking

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
I think I know the ones you are talking about....
the 2004 production is easy to tell appart from the other P99.....
new style frame and short magrelease.....
anything after 2004 has the longer magrelease

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Four Seasons does is fact have one....they quote me $590 + $60 for insured shipping....Buds guns told me $535 when they get them back in stock......and most place charge 30-35 for shipping, so I'm not sure what to do. Overpay about $100 or keep waiting? Walther needs to make more product....

You're going to have trouble finding this one. I think I got one of the last ones around. Four Seasons in Woburn says call for availability so you might try them. Gunbroker has a few sellers that seem to have them but I tried to make a deal with Gerbig Arms and he tried to screw me after he got my money order, so I'd steer clear of him.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts