Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am located in Greensboro NC. Im got around $400 to spend. Ive looked at most of the gun shops and have not found what i am looking for.

Im looking for a .40 cal
black finish.
2ed gen would be good but will consider others

·
Registered
121 Posts
You might want to consider trying to spend alittle bit more. But all the luck to you buddy, if you can find a p99 for $400 my jaw will drop let alone a p99as. Those seem to be favored amongst the walther p99 folks, so finding someone selling off one will be rare. They also seem to be difficult to find even at retail stores.

Try about 5-550, someone may bite.

Good luck and hope you'll be joining the walther family soon. Good choice of gun by the way.....will never be sorry you bought one.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I agree with Batman... $400 will be an absolute steal; $500 is more in the ballpark, unless you get lucky on gunbroker.

Then again, someone may just clean out their safe... you never know. Good luck :)

thorn

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea i might end up spending more. My girl wonts to buy me somthing for chirstmass and of course i always need more guns. I really dont need antother gun but she is spending around 400 so i might put some with that and get what i wont. My 1911 is my baby, but its getting worn carrying it and my glock 26 is just to small for me. The ruger p345 is ok but ive always wonted the walter so i might go up to 500 if someome has anything laying around.

There is a p99 40cal as at gander mounting new but they wont 750 for it and i just dont see spending that much for somthing i just wont and dont really need. Ive got plenty of guns but a p99 would go look good in my safe.

Man guns are a sickness....LOL

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ive got a 1942 walther pp 7.65 that my grandfather brought back from WW2. That was the gun i learned to shoot with so ive been in the walther famly for a long time and LOVE walthers. I just afraid to carry that gun b\c somthing might happen to it. That is a sweet shooting gun thought for its size.

·
Registered
536 Posts
There is a p99 40cal as at gander mounting new but they wont 750 for it and i just dont see spending that much for somthing i just wont and dont really need.
$750!? GAH!

That's so incredibly over-priced. wow. Don't buy that one. I paid about $575 for a new 9mm AS at a gunshop (a shop NOT known for great low prices, btw).

thorn

·
Premium Member
26,071 Posts
I am located in Greensboro NC. Im got around $400 to spend. Ive looked at most of the gun shops and have not found what i am looking for.

Im looking for a .40 cal
black finish.
2ed gen would be good but will consider others
You might try Guns International at this link:

http://www.gunsinternational.com/results.cfm?cid=362

They have a P99C in .40 S&W for $485. Can't vouch for it and have no connection to the seller or the website, but this price is decent enough. Good luck. :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
There's been a few P99s that went for around $400 on this forum, I was one of the lucky ones. But they usually have a high round count. That didn't bother me cause the trigger tends to smooth out and the P99 is designed for a long service life. Mine had 2,200 rounds when I bought it and I've added about 1,000 rounds.

It's possible to get one for $400 especially in .40 I wasn't sure if you're looking for a QA or AS but when I was looking for a P99, the 40QA were cheaper.

·
Registered
70 Posts
$400 isn't going to get you much - I have a new in box for sale but not for $400 - LOL...

If your interested in joining the rest of us in the real world PM me and maybe we can talk about a price point for you but it would be North of $500 to start -;)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for ther info. The more i look, what i wont will be in the ballpark of 500. Im in no hurry though so i might shop around and see what i can find. If anyone decides to sell or finds a good deal keep me in mind.

Thanks.

·
Registered
70 Posts
So then basically your looking to steal away a pistol from someone who is down on their luck, and needs funds badly, and is willing to sell a $525 dollar pistol for your cheap-out price of $400-$425 ...?

Is that a fair description of what your trying to accomplish? Well Xmas is only a few days away your time is running out on finding that person...

I can't stand people who treat these forums as if there garage sales, divorce auctions, and or fire sales... those people should be ashamed of themselves for trying to take advantage of the downtrodden...

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
So then basically your looking to steal away a pistol from someone who is down on their luck, and needs funds badly, and is willing to sell a $525 dollar pistol for your cheap-out price of $400-$425 ...?

Is that a fair description of what your trying to accomplish?
1999cobra, you are assuming the worst. It is one thing to let a person know that his ideal price point is below market, it is another to insult him and accuse him of seeking to take advantage of others. If his price range is between $400 and $500, that is his deal. He seems prepared to wait for a while.

Let's try to keep this civil, especially given the time of year.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
1999cobra, you are assuming the worst. It is one thing to let a person know that his ideal price point is below market, it is another to insult him and accuse him of seeking to take advantage of others. If his price range is between $400 and $500, that is his deal. He seems prepared to wait for a while.

Let's try to keep this civil, especially given the time of year.

I can't agree more.... and just to let you know, the buyer had a WTB post... he was not asking you to drop the price on a P99 that is for sale.... did he ??? SO, I think it is fair to say that your post is a bit out of line.....

two P99's just sold for $425 and $450 shipped on AR15.com......
so they are out there... one just needs to look at the right time at the right place :D

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=88&t=497009 (how do I know $450..... I asked the seller how much he wanted for it without the Jarvis barrel and I bought it)

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=88&t=495945 (no I didn't buy it)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts