Walther Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
The P38/P1 are likely on there due to their age. The WW2 era ones are C&R eligible. I wonder the regular P5 is on their list? They were a lot more common. If it is, then the P5C was probably left off as an oversight since the only difference between them is the barrel length & the mag release.

·
Registered
30 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (lunde @ April 06 2003,11:38)]The P5 is no longer in production, but the P5C is.
My P5C was made in 2000. I know they started making them in about 1986, the P5 since the early 1970's I believe. When did they quit making the P5? Have you seen any P5C's newer than 2000?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My understanding is that C&R guns are exempt from the California list. I think the P-1 is too new to be C&R. Dr. Lund, I was surprised the C model is still being made. I thought it may be too expensive to built profitably today.

Again, any leads much appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
356 Posts
Actually, the Walther P5C recently vanished from the Carl Walther (in Germany) web site, and when I asked them why, they told me that both the P5 and P5C are now out of production. If a customer, such as some agency, requests enough of them, they can still produce a batch. Sad news...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts