Walther Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The case my new P99 came in is rather sad compared to the larger, compartmentalized box my 1st-generation P99 came packaged in (circa 2004). Thus I'm in the market for one of the older styled boxes, precut for the P99 and accessories vs the egg crate foam sandwich. I know, I know...I probably shouldn't give a rap, but the contents barely fit, the accessories and parts were scattered about (not even a plastic bag to hold the back straps), and one just gets the idea that Walther (and HK, now that I think of my 45C case) stopped caring about "presentation," which still sort of matters to me.

So, if anyone out there has one of those good old pre-cut P99 cases you're willing to part with or know where I might find a source please let me know.

Thanks.

Registered
Earl's has the P99 "blue plastic" case for $30.
The really nice P99 ABS case is $95.

"Walther P99 Accessories" Walther P99 Accessories

FYI. You're not the only one. I was looking at P99 cases earlier today. 馃憤
Earls no longer can get the black Gen 1 cases from Walther Ulm. I was refunded the $95. The p22 case is still available however, granted the lettering is different.

Earl however can get you the Walther cases for the q5 SF meister series, which is made by Negrini.

Registered
Earls no longer can get the black Gen 1 cases from Walther Ulm. I was refunded the $95. The p22 case is still available however, granted the lettering is different.

Earl however can get you the Walther cases for the q5 SF meister series, which is made by Negrini.
Thanks RA1.

Had my eye on that $95 P99 case at Earls. Looked ideal for trimming to accommodate the barrel comp from Jarvis.
Don't want to deface/modify the labeled case that came with my P99 back in 2002. Still looks new.

Registered
For all those looking, I realized all the OEM manufacturers go to Negrini for their cases. Does this look familiar?

It's practically the same case without the P99 or Walther logo, which puts the case at $105 after conversion with VAT included. Might not be worth it to most people but for those who must have it.....here it is. You would also be buying the foam you want and cut it the way you like. You can request any color from NegriniSRL.

As an aside, Earl CAN get the newer Negrini cases that comes with the Meister Manufaktur pistols (like the Q5 SF). I paid $300 after all fees and taxes were applied. They are just labeled as Walther.

I may order this case, along with the case that is made for the Mateba Unica Griffone 6.

Registered
IMHO, the Italians seem to make some of the best value cases currently available.

I have almost a dozen Explorer pistol cases, and one of their rifle cases too.........

Beretta store USA usually puts these pistol cases on sale each November for $30.
They didn't do the special pricing Nov '20.

I loaded down this rifle case (paver stones) and placed it in the deep end of my pool (8') Pulled it out 72hrs later, bone dry inside.....

Rectangle Office equipment Gas Font Auto part

Registered
The Italians definitely know how to give you a incredible value at a great price (guns in this case, no pun intended, lol). Exploring their catalog I was quite surprised to see a lot of tools and equipment I own were cased by Negrini (precision machine tools, kitchenware, etc). You can definitely see where Walther got majority of their cases from, nearly dating back to the 90s.

As a side note, ANYONE here interested in a P99 ABS case? I am in contact with someone in Europe who may have one or two. I will be getting one for myself, but if there are extra, I can purchase more of them and then you can just reimburse me for it. I will be able to find out by Monday or Tuesday exactly how many are left.

Registered
The Italians definitely know how to give you a incredible value at a great price (guns in this case, no pun intended, lol). Exploring their catalog I was quite surprised to see a lot of tools and equipment I own were cased by Negrini (precision machine tools, kitchenware, etc). You can definitely see where Walther got majority of their cases from, nearly dating back to the 90s.

As a side note, ANYONE here interested in a P99 ABS case? I am in contact with someone in Europe who may have one or two. I will be getting one for myself, but if there are extra, I can purchase more of them and then you can just reimburse me for it. I will be able to find out by Monday or Tuesday exactly how many are left.
I'll take one.

Reactions: romeo_alpha01

Registered
Grabbed two more handgun cases.
These are my favorite cases by far. Have real deal military waterproof ratings, lock together stacking, super heavy duty.

Explorer cases are not flimsy like most other gun cases out there. These single pistol cases weigh around three pounds empty. The 45" x 14" AR-10 case is over 20 pounds empty.

"Explorer Cases Waterproof w/ Double Layer Case-Limited USA Flag Edition (Black) | eBay" Explorer Cases Waterproof w/ Double Layer Case-Limited USA Flag Edition (Black) | eBay

I used to get these for $30 each INCLUDING delivery (and no tax) from Beretta Store (with a Beretta logo). These are now around $60 each before shipping and tax.

Still in for the Negrini case RA1.

Registered
Grabbed two more handgun cases.
These are my favorite cases by far. Have real deal military waterproof ratings, lock together stacking, super heavy duty.

Explorer cases are not flimsy like most other gun cases out there. These single pistol cases weigh around three pounds empty. The 45" x 14" AR-10 case is over 20 pounds empty.

"Explorer Cases Waterproof w/ Double Layer Case-Limited USA Flag Edition (Black) | eBay" Explorer Cases Waterproof w/ Double Layer Case-Limited USA Flag Edition (Black) | eBay

I used to get these for $30 each INCLUDING delivery (and no tax) from Beretta Store (with a Beretta logo). These are now around $60 each before shipping and tax.

Still in for the Negrini case RA1.
Awesome! I'm actually in the market for some older ICC KK aluminum cases (particularly for my pseudo Desert Eagle component system). I impulsively scored a pair of 6" and 10" barrels in 44mag to compliment the same lengths I already have in 50AE. Now I just need the 357 barrel pair and the case to complete the entire system. I may pick up some explorer cases down the road for my outdoor range trips.

And yes, I e-mailed the shop in Germany on Sunday night and awaiting a response. Last we spoke he was still looking throughout his store for them. Seems many smaller stores in the EU have a ton of old stock of hard to find parts. Another store in Hungary found me 18 S.L. Variant speedloaders for my Mateba. Those things are GOLD!

Registered
Darn. 馃槦

Back to watching for these cases on GB.

On a positive note, my pair of Explorer cases in "distressed flag" are shown for a tomorrow delivery. 馃憤
Another option is ordering from Negrini SRL. It won't be labeled, so you can have a shop maybe hydrodip the pattern onto the plastic case. It's a lot of work. I would do it myself but I don't have a case to reference.

Registered
Putting this here for those who travel with multiple handguns.
Eight of those Explorer 3005 hard cases (see post #11) fit perfectly into the 5.11 Rush LBD Lima (24"x12"x12" duffle bag/backpack).........

Hood Automotive tire Wood Automotive lighting Grille

Bag Sleeve Grey Material property Webbing

Registered
The case my new P99 came in is rather sad compared to the larger, compartmentalized box my 1st-generation P99 came packaged in (circa 2004). Thus I'm in the market for one of the older styled boxes, precut for the P99 and accessories vs the egg crate foam sandwich. I know, I know...I probably shouldn't give a rap, but the contents barely fit, the accessories and parts were scattered about (not even a plastic bag to hold the back straps), and one just gets the idea that Walther (and HK, now that I think of my 45C case) stopped caring about "presentation," which still sort of matters to me.

So, if anyone out there has one of those good old pre-cut P99 cases you're willing to part with or know where I might find a source please let me know.

Thanks.
Hello are you still interested in buying the Old style hard plastic factor box kindly send a text to this number(682) 800-3182 he got for sale thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Damn I should have just done it that way. I found an old Pelican case locally that I made cutouts for already. Looks like I roll to the range with a coffin sometimes.
I've avoided the large rolling hard cases for handgun transportation. This large load bearing duffel/backpack (Lima LBD in 5.11speak), actually backpacks comfortably when loaded with 8 handgun cases (around 35 lbs.). The individual cases interlock inside the bag so there is absolutely no shifting of the load. Bonus, this leaves my hands free for my two range bags, one with gear and mags, the other with ammo.

I've been stopped by LEO on a few road trips to/from Florida, Colorado, Iowa, New Mexico....). Sometimes no front plate, sometimes due to a heavy foot.
I always drive straight thru, and travel the "no other vehicles" Zero dark hours. I'm ALWAYS asked what's in the hard cases stacked and belted on the rear seats of my vehicles. Has made for some "interesting" conversations with LEOs who are also classic handgun enthusiasts.
The 5.11 bag will now make the stack easier to transport, and less conspicuous.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts