Walther Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Are you still looking for a P5? if so I have one LNIB. But based on your id I'm guessing I'm asking Jose from the PP/PPK forum and you found one? If not please advise and I will get photos and a price to you.. John D./TexasYankee over the other forum..

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello John,

You guessed right! Good to hear from you again. Yes, found one and have it ordered. However, it seems that delivery might not be completed until later in the month. Time constraints on both sides.

Nevertheless, in reading your id, you own a P-5c and I'm looking for a standard now. P-5s are such cool little things that maybe later on I can become "convinced" that I should look for a compact.
Just purchased a PP Super .380.

Best regards,
Jose

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi Jose, I was pretty sure that was your post.. I own a P5c and 2 full size P5's that was why 1 was available. I guess I need to check what I have listed in my profile.. Enjoy the P5. whish I had checked the forums over the weekend.. I saw where you picked up a PP Super in .380, I'm still getting by with one in 9x18, nice shooter, but someday I will add one in .380.. BTW I am not the John D from PP/PPK forum I am TexasYankee over there, I was the one who thaked you for the tip on the Geco 9x18 Ultra a while back and used JohnD before I realized it allready belonged to somone else.. Again enjoy the P5..
Regards.
John D/ FLHTCUI

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Owner of P-5 goes on vacation on Friday and, hear this, the PO will not guarantee delivery(overnight!) until sometime Thursday. So the P-5 is on hold until owner returns from vacation.

That Geco sale was pretty good, wasn't it? But have better news. I'm tracking a dealer of European ammo that seems to be the only one in the US that sells HIRTENBERGER! In 9x18 Ultra. Supplies seem to be limited but will certainly let you in on contact information as soon as I secure it. By e-mail.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not yet, Devin. Things kind of hectic at the office. Probably this weekend...but definitely not on Good Friday.

BTW, Devin you're too modest. You graded it as excellent. It actually is a thing of beauty. Thanks again.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thanks Jose I appreciate any leads whe it comes to 9x18 Ultra ammo. Right now I'm fine as I do have a both the Geco and Fiocchi but that is only because I have been busy and have not had much range time lately. The P5 will be worth the wait!! Again enjoy it. John D./TexasYankee

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Yes, I agree. It is a thing of beauty. Thats probably why I never shot it. I did want to, but just never got around to it. I was also thinking about touching up the gold inlayed lettering, but I never got around to that either. I put the gold inlay on my P88 and it really made that gun shine. I've been thinking about putting it on my '68 PPK, but haven't decided yet.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My apology, Devin, for not getting back to you sooner. Was distracted by a RSHA PPK.

How did you get the gold inlay? Gold leaf? And how did you do it? I'd love to touch it up because I'm having second thoughts about firing it (never thought I would even entertain that thought!). It is a thing of beauty.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts