Walther Forums banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have a standard 365 and really like it. Magazines are stiffer than heck at first. Load the mags up and let them cook for a week and the will loosen up some.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I tried the p365. It shot well but it did not fit my hands (and only wear a medium size glove). I couldn’t drop a magazine to save my life without completely changing my grip and shaking the pistol like crazy so it wouldn’t get stuck on my palm. So the manual of arms for me with the p365 was a no go. And with its teething issues in my mind I simply didn’t trust the gun. Quickly sold it for a decent amount and used that to purchase a Gen 5 19 with Ameribold sights. That gun “fits” 😁.

·
Super Moderator
7,183 Posts
Desert', just use a LuLa. I couldn't load them at all when new, tho' I can now replace the 'barney bullet' manually.
The gun was designed around that amazing magazine, but the price is the truckspring magazine follower.
Moon

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I tried the p365. It shot well but it did not fit my hands (and only wear a medium size glove)........

I had the same issue (wear XL size gloves). The P365 shot great, but was MUCH too small for EDC consideration.

Seem to find my PPQ 45 about impossible to grab quickly and NOT be in the ideal position to shoot and operate without ANY shifting of my grip position. Shot a forum members P365 (and several other assorted handguns) before grabbing my PPQ 45 (I always shoot my primary carry weapon last at every range session). That first Q45 round at 15yds (IIRC) was a dead center bulls eye, joked with OF that I was done after that shot.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Got the standard P365 w/safety and it has pretty much replaced my CCP. Go to either of the Sig Forums and you will see it's highly rated. Striker drag was a perceived problem and it's been corrected. Nice CCW.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I bought a P938 before the P365 came out, and it's been my carry gun ever since. I've shot it enough to have to change the recoil spring twice, given the recommended 1500-round interval. I have hands just big enough to palm a basketball, but I found that I was able to adapt my grip to shoot it well, and I practice with it on 8"-10" plates at 25 yards. I do keep bandages in my range bag to go over the bottom knuckle of my thumb when I let the slide grab onto it from time to time, but that is a pretty minor problem. The dang thing just shoots so well and digests everything I put through it.

With that being said, I once took a friend to the LGS to pick up her PPQ and fill out the 4473, and they were having free rentals on all of their guns, so we went ahead and rented a PPS and a P365. Because that was only her third range trip, ever, we shot one of the targets with multiple 4" circles on it at 7 yards so that we could each have different targets to shoot with the different guns we tried out, and she was able to keep most of her rounds in the circle with the PPS. The P365 was a little harder for her to shoot.

I had shot a friend's PPS several years prior, so shooting the PPS was no surprise for me, and it shot well enough. The P365, however, was a very pleasant surprise, and it grouped very nicely. I would love to get one and will when the wife allows it. I am a big fan of pocket carry, given the ease with which I can do it regardless of what I wear, whether it is a suit, jeans, or cargo shorts, and that is critical in the hot, humid weather we get about eight months out of the year. For that reason, the P365 really would do the job for me.

Lastly, I am a fan of Sig's decision to equip their subcompact carry pistols with night sights as a standard feature. I really like the idea of being able to see the sights in low light with my carry gun, and the P365 comes with them already installed. In fact, I liked having night sights so much, that I decided to install them on my G30 SF, but it was a bit of a pain to do so, even with a sight pusher. That's not something I want to do more frequently than necessary.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I bet it‘s a matter of time before Sig brings out a hicap 938 using a 365 like mag! they also had what looks like a 938 SAA with the Mep Bullseye sight on a table at Shot where they displayed some P210 carrys, may have been a 210 sub also, not sure. Was on a TFB post covering the 210 carry.

I can’t wait wait for the others to catch up with the 365.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Try the P365xl. The longer grip makes a huge difference in feel and control. I love my Q5 and new Q4Tac but I won't carry them compare to my P365xl. I have small hands for a man, curse my Portuguese mom finger DNA, and the standard P365 still felt small to me. Also the P365xl having a 3.6" barrel makes it surprisingly accurate. Put a Romeo Zero on it Saturday, ranged tries it Sunday and I'm not sold on the Romeo Zero yet. Not new to red dots, I've had a Vortex on my Q5 for three years, the Romeo Zero has such a small glass area I need more practice zeroing the dot.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just bought Sig P365. I have yet to fire it but those sight are too cool! I thought it would take a bit to get to get used to it but a few line ups and I lined up every time! I love my Walthers but I really like the P365.

·
Registered
210 Posts
After carrying several Walthers as my ccw, I also bit the bullet with an xl. Incredible little sucker! I did not experience any difficulties with this new gun, but I am not a fan of its diminutive night sights, which will be replaced by Truglows in the near future. However, I shoot better with PPS.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have a PPS classic and a P365. I've shot them side by side and the PPS is the better shooter. The P365 carries better and has substantially more capacity (10+1 or even 15+1 round factory extended mags) It also doesn't have a dingus on the trigger which I view as a positive. I even like the P365 better than my P99C for carry (gasp) just on account of how absolutely tiny it is

The P365 is a great pistol. Mine has been 100% reliable through several hundred rounds. Of course so has my PPS.

I wouldn't fault anyone for carrying either pistol but I personally choose to carry my P365 and not my PPS.

·
Premium Member
1,678 Posts
I applaud Sig for innovating and pushing the envelope in carry guns. They set a new bar.

Still...i can't wait to see how other manufacturers respond. Smith, Walther, Beretta, .... I almost said HK but that would be delusional.

·
Super Moderator
3,864 Posts
I almost said HK but that would be delusional.
You have no idea how much I would love for HK to come out with a competitive single stack 9mm carry gun ... with ambi paddle mag release, of course. :)

Reactions: Jimmo952

·
Premium Member
1,678 Posts
You have no idea how much I would love for HK to come out with a competitive single stack 9mm carry gun ... with ambi paddle mag release, of course. :)
I'm with you on that. I suspect many would be.

I ambivalent on the mag release. Heck...I'd be interested in a single stack HK even if it had a heel mag release!

·
Super Moderator
3,864 Posts
Hello?? P7
Two key qualifiers listed in my original post were: 'competitive' and 'ambi paddle mag release'.

The P7, while admirable ... is substantially larger than either a G43 or a P365 ... in every dimension -- meaning I don't see it as 'competitive' to these firearms. The P7 also has a heel magazine release that precludes one-handed mag removal, let alone the one-handed ambi mag removal I desire. :)

Reactions: Jimmo952
21 - 40 of 40 Posts