Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I recently picked up one of the super hyped new Sig P365's and so far it's lived up to the hype. After about 500 rounds it's been 100 percent reliable, and it's unbelievably tiny. It's just a little bit bigger than my Colt pocketlite .380 and my PPS looks absolutely gigantic next to it. I got the SAS version because I like to pocket carry, and it's been great. I was a little apprehensive about the sighting system but it only took me a short time to get used to it and now I actually prefer it to traditional sights. I'm waiting to see what Walther comes out with to counterattack it with. If you haven't looked into one for CC you need to.

Attachments

Premium Member
Glad you like it. How's the width of the P365 compared to the PPS ? How different is the trigger ?

Registered
I guess it is a matter of taste, but I prefer the P938 to the P365. Smaller, lighter, metal vs polymer, hammer vs striker, external safety.

Premium Member
Tried one. Didn鈥檛 like it. Primer drags, handling, and trigger all made me decide it鈥檚 not for me.
No game here. Picked it up and didn't like it. I'll stick with my P99c and PPS M2 for carry.
I think the same way. I see no advantage to the gun as an EDC pistol, and after shooting it all I can say is I like my PPS M2 much better.

When it comes to game changer it was the PPS Classic that started the micro 9mm game not the current offering by SIG, which is just another toll in the arsenal. For those of us not caught up in the capacity fear game, the PPS series is the game changer.

Registered
I think the same way. I see no advantage to the gun as an EDC pistol, and after shooting it all I can say is I like my PPS M2 much better.

When it comes to game changer it was the PPS Classic that started the micro 9mm game not the current offering by SIG, which is just another toll in the arsenal. For those of us not caught up in the capacity fear game, the PPS series is the game changer.
Been carrying mine daily for a week. Nice change from my P99. :)

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
Glad you like it. How's the width of the P365 compared to the PPS ? How different is the trigger ?
Width is about the same, incredible since the PPS is single stack and the P365 is double stack. I honestly don't know how the hell Sig did it, it's like magic or something. You really need to see and hold the gun in person, it's really amazing. I mean I am a Walther fan boy and this Sig blew me away. The trigger is to me better than the PPS, it has a nice clean break. I really can't find anything wrong with this gun except for one caveat, people with big hands might find it TOO small. I have small hands so it fits me perfectly.

Super Moderator
Been a fan since I got one, and have traded thru' several for updates; manual safety, NRA edition, SAS. Easy to hide, easy to shoot, service caliber.
The jury on the SAS remains out for me...I'm simply not completely sold on the sights, tho' they do make it easier to draw.
I'm not a capacity junkie, but more is better by about any standard.
Moon

Reactions: mytquin

Registered
I just put the XL Grip on mine. Absolutely perfect now...

Reactions: Cas and mytquin

Registered
At first I was hesitant due to the issues but those have seemed to calmed down and been worked out. It appears they have made at least 3 changes to the striker and it鈥檚 a more dependable firearm now. I prefer the 365xl. It鈥檚 just enough bigger to make it a more pleasurable shooting experience to me. Either way it has had a noticeable impact on small higher capacity handguns. I鈥檓 sure there will be more coming out this year.

Registered
I have the 365 SAS as well. Took a bit to get used to the sights. And I did upgrade to the flat trigger. Carries well. Overall...I like it. I also like my Q5 Match SF, but that one pinches a bit if I try to carry it IWB...

Registered
A friend of mine came to visit and brought along his P365. It was a very nice gun. But it wasn't so nice that I could justify buying one (especially since I own something that's also a subcompact 9mm - S&W Shield). Yeah the P365 has a bigger capacity. But I shot them side by side, and my takeaway is that the P365 is nice, but not so nice that I'm ready to dump the Shield.

Kevin

Registered
I recently picked up one of the super hyped new Sig P365's and so far it's lived up to the hype. After about 500 rounds it's been 100 percent reliable, and it's unbelievably tiny. It's just a little bit bigger than my Colt pocketlite .380 and my PPS looks absolutely gigantic next to it. I got the SAS version because I like to pocket carry, and it's been great. I was a little apprehensive about the sighting system but it only took me a short time to get used to it and now I actually prefer it to traditional sights. I'm waiting to see what Walther comes out with to counterattack it with. If you haven't looked into one for CC you need to.

I carry a PPS and a 1911A1 custom. I'm on the fence to jump on a SIG P320 carry model. I have carried pretty much everything for personal, work, and duty over the years except Glock, still will not interested.

I would be interested in a milspec trigger in P320 with a threaded 4" barrel medium sized frame and slide. I did not like the test results of the SIG non milspec triggers. I can see the appeal to the 365, but I think it's too small for my XXL hands. So far the PPS with extended mag is as small as I can handle before it just doesnt feel right.

Registered
i agree. i love my walthers but my sig is the NRA edition so it was made after all the issues were resolved. i have 4000 rounds through it and all trouble free.. trigger broke in and is sweet now.

Registered
Got the 365 with traditional sights. Love it for pocket carry. I weighed my 7.65 PPK and then the 365, and they weighed about the same within a fraction of an ounce, IIRC. Both guns were loaded, which impressed me.

Registered
Range Report today -
I took my new Sig 365 and Walther CCP I acquired several month ago to the range.
That little Sig is pretty cool. It handles nicely. I could always acquire a good grip. The size of the grip is just right for me to place the pad of my index finder on the trigger.

Sights are good, standard 3-dot, recoil is nice, mag release is OK, trigger was a surprise. A nice crisp break. I like paddle mag releases. And, take down for cleaning is easy. That said, after about 150 rounds of mixed ammo, I did have some FTF and a couple of stove pipes. But, I was using some heavy Freedom reman ammo. S&B ball shot great. Would I carry it? Yes. I plan to as it smaller than my PPS Gen 1 and Ruger LC9.

Walther CCP
Well.... Recoil is nice. Grips is good. But, about every 2nd or 3rd shot the mag dropped out. I thought it was me allowing my thumb to drag the release. So, I switched hands and shot left handed. Same result. Hmm... All it takes is a brush of the button to drop the mag. Not good. Later for cleaning, what idiot thought up the need for a tool to disassemble a pocket pistol? After thinking about it, maybe the CCP would be good for those people that don't shoot often and have someone else clean their guns. ??? The gas retarding system will get pretty dirty over a short time. My P7 does.

So, I am not real happy with the CCP but am pretty well sold on the 365 and I have never been a Sig fan.

Super Moderator
Re-read this thread; some thot's on both the P365 and the SAS iteration.
-No end of discussion of this on the SIG forum; consensus is the package has matured and is quite reliable. Only problem I've experienced are an occasional troublesome magazine; test hop your mags. I sent one back to SIG for replacement.
-The P365 is too good not carry; it's no bigger than my much loved G42, in a service caliber, with rotsa shots. Chronoed velocity with SIG 365 ammo is 1100'sec.

-The SAS jury is still out; the sight works great in good light, not so much in bad.
Moon

1 - 20 of 50 Posts